• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Microsoft Edge Update and script 'IsInstallable Rule'

Started by Thomas, August 23, 2023, 07:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas

Hello,

I'm IT technician, and use patchmypc for my company.
I have a trouble with the update of Microsoft Edge (x64).
In fact I have the update :

Microsoft Edge 116.0.1938.54 (x64)

The installable Script is :
<lar:And>
  <WSUS Generated MSI Installable Rule/>
    <bar:RegValueExists Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\Clients\{56EB18F8-B008-4CBD-B6D2-8C97FE7E9062}" Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Type="REG_SZ" RegType32="true" />
    <bar:RegSzToVersion Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\Clients\{56EB18F8-B008-4CBD-B6D2-8C97FE7E9062}" Value="pv" Comparison="LessThan" Data="116.0.1938.54" Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" RegType32="true" />
    <bar:WindowsVersion Comparison="GreaterThanOrEqualTo" MajorVersion="10" MinorVersion="0" />
  </lar:And>

And the installedRules is :

<bar:RegValueExists Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\Clients\{56EB18F8-B008-4CBD-B6D2-8C97FE7E9062}" Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Type="REG_SZ" RegType32="true" />
  <bar:RegSzToVersion Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\Clients\{56EB18F8-B008-4CBD-B6D2-8C97FE7E9062}" Value="pv" Comparison="GreaterThanOrEqualTo" Data="116.0.1938.54" Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" RegType32="true" />

But, on intune, all my computer are :

Non Available : "La règle de spécification de script PowerShell n'est pas satisfaite."

In my regedit, I haven't got this key in HKEY_Local_machine.
But I have in HKEY_CURRENT_USER :
Ordinateur\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\Clients\{56EB18F8-B008-4CBD-B6D2-8C97FE7E9062}
with nothing in :

But when we test :
(source : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46440429/get-microsoft-edge-browser-version-using-registry-or-command-line) :

Powershell : reg query HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Edge\BLBeacon /v version
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Edge\BLBeacon
    version    REG_SZ    115.0.1901.203

We obtain the key, but not in your registry path.

Can you help us for this problem ?

Spencer (Patch My PC)

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to support!

We publish the Enterprise Stable version of Edge and perform the following registry key validations when installing the application packages:

'SOFTWARE\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\ClientState\{56EB18F8-B008-4CBD-B6D2-8C97FE7E9062}' = 'ap'} = @{Value = '*stable*';WOW6432Node = $True; Operator = '-like'};@{'SOFTWARE\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\ClientState\{56EB18F8-B008-4CBD-B6D2-8C97FE7E9062}' = 'ap'} = @{Value = '*x64*';WOW6432Node = $True; Operator = '-like'};}

The full detection scripts for applications published by PMPC can be found in the PMPC Installation Directory inside the detection method scripts folder.

I recommend pulling that script and moving it to a client that's failing to apply the application to verify detection.

On that same client, can you also pull the following log files and send them to [email protected] with a description of the issue:

%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log
This may be found in the %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\ if the Install was initiated by the user from Company Portal.
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareDetectionScript.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareUpdateDetectionScript.log
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\AgentExecutor.log
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\IntuneManagementExtension.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\PatchMyPC-UserNotification.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\UISettings\UINotificationSettings.xml

Lastly, can you please run this script on that same client? This will export a csv file containing all install products on that machine. This will also help us determine issues with detection:

https://github.com/PatchMyPCTeam/CustomerTroubleshooting/blob/Release/PowerShell/Export-PMPCInstalledSoftware.ps1

Thomas

Thanks for your reply,
I juste send you all the log file, and .ps1 execution's file you demand on the email adresse.