• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Patchmypc and other apps

Started by Milli, August 17, 2023, 02:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milli

Hi. I have recently downloaded Patchmypc, and now I can't install a remote desktop from Teamviewer. I get an error and the message "Not ready. Please check your connection." I checked my internet connection and it is fine.
This is just an assumption, but could the Patchmypc application have affected the work of Teamviewer?
And what is this error, how to fix it, if someone can help, I will be very grateful!

Penny H

Hi. I don't think it's related to other applications and it's not always the internet connection.
The reason may be in the hosts file, If this file is corrupted, it can lead to a connection error. How to fix this problem can be found here https://www.helpwire.app/blog/teamviewer-not-working/  Also, your firewall or antivirus security software may be restricting Internet access for TeamViewer. TeamViewer may not work with IPv6, so disable it and try connecting TeamViewer again. All of this is described in more detail in the article above.

strumhotpot

If TeamViewer is unable to access the Internet, check if your firewall or antivirus program is to blame. It's possible that TeamViewer won't connect with IPv6. Disabling IPv6 should fix the problem.

Raunak Desai (Patch My PC)

Hey Mili,

Apologies for the delayed response.

I've checked the error and it is not related to PatchMyPC. PatchMyPc publisher only publishes the app into Intune or SCCM, and from there it uses the native capability of the platform you are using.

Regards,
Raunak