• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Splunk UF Software Updates

Started by itguy85, June 13, 2023, 09:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itguy85

When attempting to do Software Updates for Splunk UF from 8.x.x to 9.0.5, it seems like it doesn't work for major version upgrades via Software Updates as it doesn't appear in Software Center under the Updates tab. It seems like it requires an Application Deployment to perform major version updates as it appears in Applications tab. Is that true or am I doing some wrong?

Scott (Patch My PC)

Hi @itguy85

Splunk Inc still maintains Splunk 7, 8 and 9, so we list them separately in the catalogue.

We have requirement rules written for each of those Updates that ensure a Splunk 7 update will only ever apply to a device running Splunk 7, the same applies for Splunk 8 and Splunk 9.

If you want to upgrade from Splunk 7 or 8 to Splunk 9 using Software Updates, you will want to publish Splunk Latest (which is version 9 currently, as its applicability rules are different, allowing it to apply to devices running any previous version of Splunk.

We have this documented here - https://patchmypc.com/products-multiple-versions-patch-my-pc

Usara94932

I had the same problem as you and I ran the original version.

itguy85

I was able to select the Latest version of Splunk and successfully apply the Software Update.