• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Application not opening up to where it can be used

Started by MeanGrinch, July 04, 2022, 12:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanGrinch

What is happening, for some reason the application is opening off screen. It shows up on the taskbar, but not in the live area of the monitor. I have had other programs that did this, but have been able to edit a config file to bring application back on screen. Unfortunately, all I have for PatchMyPC is a logfile that does not tell me anything, other than the program is working correctly.

KWF

I'm having this problem too.

I was running Patch My PC Version 4.5.0.4 on a windows 11 laptop, with an external monitor attached. Evidently when PMPC was last run, it was displaying on the external monitor. When I tried to run PMPC on the laptop screen, without the external monitor, I could see it in the task bar, but could not get it to display on the laptop screen.

After much searching, I found a user.config file in the "C:\Users\My User Name\AppData\Local\Patch_My_PC,_LLC\PatchMyPC.exe_Url_edqmgrojzosxkvbkri5idmkbgyvvb3d5\4.5.0.4" folder. After backing up and deleting the user.config file, PMPC then correctly displayed on the laptop screen.

The only difference in the original & newly created user.config was in the <value> section.
   Original (from when external display was connected) user.config file
      <userSettings>
        <PatchMyPC.My.MySettings>
            <setting name="Location" serializeAs="String">
                <value>2034, 55</value>
            </setting>

Newly created (on currently connected & only display) user.config file
      <userSettings>
        <PatchMyPC.My.MySettings>
            <setting name="Location" serializeAs="String">
                <value>412, 342</value>
            </setting>

Hopefully there is a way to have PMPC detect when a monitor has been disconnected, and launch on the correct screen at next launch.

Thanks,
Ken