• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Oracle VirtualBox 6.1 installation failed

Started by HllwdBrns, April 06, 2022, 02:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HllwdBrns

Has anyone been able to install Oracle VirtualBox 6.1 application using ConfigMgr?

When trying to install from Software Center it fails with exit code "1".

Tried to install manually (copied the command from PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log) using CMD and received following error:

C:\Windows\ccmcache\33>VirtualBox-6.1.32-149290-Win.exe --silent --msiparams REBOOT=ReallySuppress

C:\Windows\ccmcache\33>VirtualBox-6.1.32-149290-Win.exe: error: Unable to install certificate: -2147024891
VirtualBox-6.1.32-149290-Win.exe: error: Failed to construct install certificate.

Thanks in advance!

Antony (Patch My PC)

Hey!

I'm unable to reproduce this in my lab environment. Could you please send over the logs listed below to [email protected] and we will take a look at what is going on here:

%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\AppDiscovery*.log
    %WinDir%\CCM\Logs\AppEnforce*.log
    %WinDir%\CCM\Logs\AppIntentEval*.log
    %WinDir%\CCM\Logs\CAS*.log
    %WinDir%\CCM\Logs\CIAgent.*log
    %WinDir%\CCM\Logs\DataTransferService*.log
    %WinDir%\CCM\Logs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log
        This may be found in the %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\ if the Install was initiated by the user from Software Center.
    %WinDir%\CCM\Logs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareDetectionScript.log
        This may be found in the %temp% of the user who clicked 'Install' in Software Center if it was an 'Available' deployment.
    %WinDir%\CCM\Logs\StateMessage.log
    %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\PatchMyPC-UserNotification.log
    %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\UISettings\UINotificationSettings.xml

Thanks,

Antony

HllwdBrns

Hi Antony.

I tested this on another computer and it got installed without any issues. The computer which had the problem with the cert had an older version of VB installed and the second PC didn't.

Older VirtualBox was installed from SW Center and it was .msi installer with script using certutil.exe command to add Oracle cert.
Not sure why PMPC VirtualBox 6.1 was not able to install the certificate over the old one but once I removed older Oracle cert PMPC VirtualBox 6.1 installation succeeded also on the first computer.

So now I am just adding pre-install script to remove this old cert before starting with PMPC VirtualBox 6.1 app installation.

Cheers!

Antony (Patch My PC)

That's great news, glad you've resolved the issue.

Please reach out again in future if you have any issues  :)