• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Unable to uninstall Java 7

Started by joeOPD, April 29, 2021, 11:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeOPD

Hi,
We just got our Intune/PMP environment set up.  We deployed Java 8 with no problem but we are having issues uninstalling Java 7.  Any ideas on what might be going on?  I have set the assignment to uninstall (see screenshot).  I have it in the IntuneApps.  I'm trying IntuneUpdates now as well.

Jake Shackelford (Patch My PC)

I would suggest opening a ticket by emailing [email protected] and if you could include the following logs that would be great! These logs would come from a client machine that's experiencing the problem IE not having Java 7 uninstalled.

%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareDetectionScript.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareUpdateDetectionScript.log
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\AgentExecutor.log
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\IntuneManagementExtension.log
Note: Some Patch My PC log files listed above may be found in %WinDir%\CCM folder if that folder exists.

joeOPD

We got this error in the agent executor log:
error = File C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Intune Management
Extension\Content\DetectionScripts\9981fd23-3459-47c8-8a29-eb5bb33ef7f0_1.ps1 cannot be loaded. A certificate chain
processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.
    + CategoryInfo          : SecurityError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnauthorizedAccess

I've deployed a cert from our PMP server from WSUS to my clients Trust Publishers and Trusted Root CA and it worked!
https://patchmypc.com/third-party-updates-fail-to-install-with-error-0x800b0109-in-sccm

Jake Shackelford (Patch My PC)

Awesome! If you experience any other errors don't hesitate to reach out here or email us at [email protected] !