Author Topic: TeamViewer 15.8.3 - Applicability Rule missing WOW6432Node  (Read 23 times)

Offline fgn

• View Profile
Hi,

I just tried to debug why the Update wouldn't showed up and checked the Applicability Rule:

Code: [Select]
<lar:And>
  <bar:RegValueExists Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TeamViewer" Type="REG_SZ" RegType32="true" />
  <lar:Not>
    <bar:RegSz Comparison="EqualTo" Data="Teamviewer Host" Value="DisplayName" Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TeamViewer" RegType32="true" />
  </lar:Not>
  <bar:RegSzToVersion Comparison="LessThan" Data="15.8.3.0" Value="DisplayVersion" Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TeamViewer" RegType32="true" />
  <bar:RegSzToVersion Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TeamViewer" Value="DisplayVersion" Comparison="GreaterThanOrEqualTo" Data="15.0.0.0" Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" RegType32="true" />
</lar:And>

It seems that it was missing from the two prior versions as well.
Has there been any major change that I've missed or is that just an issue on your side?

Thanks!

Offline Cody Mathis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TeamViewer 15.8.3 - Applicability Rule missing WOW6432Node
« Reply #1 on: Today at 05:32:20 AM »
Hello,

Please not the last part of the applicability rule RegType32="true"

This component ensure we search the Wow6432Node.

Usually, Wo6432Node will not be explicitly written out, instead thise is used to ensure proper redirection of registry searches for a 32 bit application ona 64 bit operating system, and also ensure it is handled appropriately on a 32 bit operating system as well.

Offline fgn

• View Profile
Re: TeamViewer 15.8.3 - Applicability Rule missing WOW6432Node
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:52:02 AM »
Hi Cody,

thanks for the explanation, I didn't know that. I just compared the most recent ones to the older ones we automatically installed and in those rules, Wow6432Node was always written out.
Gotta have to find another reason why it is reported as not required.

Thanks you anyways!

Best regards
Fabian