• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

MS Teams Webhooks are deprecated (?)

Started by Iraklis, September 04, 2024, 12:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iraklis

Hello community,

Short question:
What is the best way to post updates/alerts via PMP in MS Teams channels other than the webhook option?

Thank you in advance

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Hi Iraklis,

In a "preview" release of the PMPC publisher we have support for the alternative Microsoft suggest - Workflows.

To get support within the PMPC Publisher for "Workflows", you will need to upgrade the PMPC Publisher to the 2.1.26.5 preview version.
You can do so from the About tab.

This build containing support for Workflows should be shipped to Production soon.

To migrate from Webhooks to Workflows, please follow this guide.

Iraklis

Hi Liviu,

Great, thanks for the quick response.

Can you estimate how soon this new build will be shipped to Production? In the next days, weeks or months?

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Hi Iraklis,

I don't have an exact timeline, but it should be 1 to 2 weeks. 3 max.

Cody Mathis (Patch My PC)

Hi there. The intent is to release this build by 9/15 at the latest. But, with any luck, it will be out at the end of this week on 9/6.

alicenthightower

Hi Iraklis,
You can create a flow that integrates PMP with Microsoft Teams. You can set up a flow to trigger notifications or updates in Teams channels based on specific conditions or events in PMP. For instance, you can use Power Automate to monitor PMP and post updates to a Teams channel when certain criteria are met.

Liviu (Patch My PC)

With release 2.1.27 of the PMPC Publisher, Workflows are now supported for Teams notifications.