• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Docker Desktop Hash Issues with Branch Caching Enabled

Started by jalbrech, July 17, 2023, 07:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalbrech

We are currently deploying Docker Desktop to our end users and ran into an issue last week. A user tried to install Docker they got error 0X80091007(-2146889721).  When looking up that error you find that there is a hash mismatch error.  The workstation never downloaded any content, and when looking at the CAS.log I was able to find the machine name for a peer that it was requesting content from.  After looking at the CCMCache folder on that workstation and comparing that content to what we have downloaded from PMPC, it looks like the Docker install is dropping a shortcut for the application inside the CCMCache folder for the application.

Is there any way to update the installer to clear that shortcut out of the CCMCache folder?  I'm assuming that it's the installer itself that is putting the shortcut in that cache folder.  I'm not sure why it would do that, but that's the only thing that makes sense.

Spencer (Patch My PC)

Are you deploying the update or application package for docker? It sounds like the client is pulling the content from another machine using Delivery Optimization or Branch Caching.

Can you confirm that the WSUS signing cert is not expired and is present in the clients Trusted Root and Publisher machine cert stores?

jalbrech

I have already confirmed that when the user is able to successfully install Docker for Desktop that it is creating the application shortcut in the cache folder.  Our workstation that was failing, I went to the workstation that it was trying to pull content from and deleted the shortcut from that PC and was able to do the install properly after that.  I checked the workstation that had failed the install this morning and noticed that it has the shortcut in the cache folder.

I have attached screenshots of what I'm talking about.  The first image is what we are downloading from PMPC, and the second screenshot is what the content cache looks like on the workstation after the application is installed.

Spencer (Patch My PC)

Got it, thank you for clarifying that! Can you please send me the following log files from that client machine. You can email them to [email protected] if that's easier!

%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\AppDiscovery*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\AppEnforce*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\AppIntentEval*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\CAS*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\CIAgent.*log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\DataTransferService*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log
This may be found in the %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\ if the Install was initiated by the user from Software Center.
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareDetectionScript.log
This may be found in the %temp% of the user who clicked 'Install' in Software Center if it was an 'Available' deployment.
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\StateMessage.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\PatchMyPC-UserNotification.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\UISettings\UINotificationSettings.xml

I'll also test this in my lab and see if I can repro this issue.

jalbrech

I just emailed you the list of log files you requested.