• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Cisco Webex Meetings 44.3.0.146

Started by PaulB, April 22, 2024, 02:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulB

Been seeing this for the past couple of days since I deployed the package:

The hash of file downloaded is different than the file hash in our catalog. Hash errors happen when vendors release updates that aren't available in our catalog yet. This error should be resolved in the next catalog update. It could also have been induced by a firewall issue. Additional details:[vf7Bt7gvdyd8jx1AmIPpq9Hd6b0=] vs [0K1ab9d40nkYni8aAK+DRd5u6aU=]

Antony (Patch My PC)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out!

Can you please send the logs listed below over to [email protected] so we can investigate this issue?

%PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\PatchMyPC.log
%PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\PatchMyPC*.lo_
%PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\Settings.xml
%PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\PatchMyPC-DownloadHistory.csv
%PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\PatchMyPC-PublishingHistory.csv

Once we have these logs, we can look into why this issue is occurring.

Thank you,
Antony

PaulB

Quote from: Antony (Patch My PC) on April 22, 2024, 02:37:00 AMHi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out!

Can you please send the logs listed below over to [email protected] so we can investigate this issue?

%PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\PatchMyPC.log
%PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\PatchMyPC*.lo_
%PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\Settings.xml
%PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\PatchMyPC-DownloadHistory.csv
%PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\PatchMyPC-PublishingHistory.csv

Once we have these logs, we can look into why this issue is occurring.

Thank you,
Antony

Email sent with logs.  Thanks

JC-WH

We're seeing the same error, with the same hash values.

JC-WH

Not sure what that hash value is.  https://patchmypc.com/forum/index.php?topic=5789.0 says that PMPC uses the SHA256 value, but neither one of those values is SHA256.  Looks more like base64 output.  ???

SHA256 hash of the file coming from the Akamai CDN right now is 9E881DBF1661FFD8CB0DF0A45D56D7DB8542D47EDEB6D5A1DE44E08AE36931F6, for whatever that's worth.

JC-WH

OK, answering my own question for posterity...

It looks like PatchMyPC is actually using the SHA1 hash instead of SHA256 as stated in the previously-linked post, and then presenting the output value in base64 rather than hex.

The file currently coming from their CDN has a SHA1 hash of D0AD5A6FD778D279189E2F1A00AF8345DE6EE9A5 (in hex, e.g. what you'll get back from Get-FileHash or from uploading it to VirusTotal) or 0K1ab9d40nkYni8aAK+DRd5u6aU= (in base64 - note that you can't just b64 encode the hex *string* but have to treat it as an actual hex value to get this).

Antony (Patch My PC)

Cisco released a new version of Webex Meetings over the weekend, the same version was actually released at different times for the US and Europe which is why some customers are seeing the hash error.

This will be updated in today's catalogue release.

Thanks,
Antony

JC-WH

Looks like they reverted?  Got this on last night's sync:

Downloaded Hash [0K1ab9d40nkYni8aAK+DRd5u6aU=] Catalog Hash [vf7Bt7gvdyd8jx1AmIPpq9Hd6b0=]

gsterling

Getting that error message as well.

Published With Full-Content   Time   size   Classification   Severity   CVE
4/28/2024 9:00:55 PM   166.58 MB   Updates   Moderate   
The hash of file downloaded is different than the file hash in our catalog. Hash errors happen when vendors release updates that aren't available in our catalog yet. This error should be resolved in the next catalog update. It could also have been induced by a firewall issue. Additional details: Downloaded Hash [0K1ab9d40nkYni8aAK+DRd5u6aU=] Catalog Hash [vf7Bt7gvdyd8jx1AmIPpq9Hd6b0=]

jpobgee-FISCAL

Quote from: gsterling on April 29, 2024, 07:30:40 AMGetting that error message as well.

Published With Full-Content   Time   size   Classification   Severity   CVE
4/28/2024 9:00:55 PM   166.58 MB   Updates   Moderate   
The hash of file downloaded is different than the file hash in our catalog. Hash errors happen when vendors release updates that aren't available in our catalog yet. This error should be resolved in the next catalog update. It could also have been induced by a firewall issue. Additional details: Downloaded Hash [0K1ab9d40nkYni8aAK+DRd5u6aU=] Catalog Hash [vf7Bt7gvdyd8jx1AmIPpq9Hd6b0=]

Hi,

We also have the same issue with the same hashes in the UK.

Regards