• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Handling "All_user" groups in UAT Update Rings

Started by Burdarper, July 15, 2024, 05:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burdarper

Hello all,

we are releasing new software versions / updates via PatchMyPC though several UAT Update Rings.

They all follow each other with an interval of 7 days until the update is released for everyone at the end, if noone intervenes.

Update_Ring0 -> Update_Ring1 -> Update_Ring2 -> Update_Ring3 -> "All Users"

Simplified view in intune:

Intune-U-UAT-Ring0-DEV                  -   As soon as possible
Intune-U-UAT-Ring1-DEV                  -   As soon as possible
Intune-U-UAT-Ring2-IT-INF               -   7/10/24, 12:00 AM
Intune-U-UAT-Ring3-other_applications   -   7/17/24, 12:00 AM
All_users                               -   8/01/24, 12:00 AM

The problem here is that the members of the UAT Ring groups are also members of the "All Users" Group of course.

Unfortunately, the current time block for "all users" weights more than the permit via membership in an UAT Group, which means that the members of the UAT groups do not see the software in the Company Portal.

Does anyone have an idea how to automate this UAT process so that software is published to everyone after it passes the UAT phase?

Greetings

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

Hey Burdarper

What you're observing is a bug (or "bad" design) in Intune, and how it handles the "ASAP" assignment option.

We have an article which discusses this here: https://patchmypc.com/intune-asap-assignments-bug

The solution is thankfully fairly straight forward with Patch My PC; for your Ring0 and Ring1 groups in the Patch My PC Publisher, you would change the availability/deadline to be +0 days @ 00:00 rather than leaving them at the default "ASAP". Kindly see attached screenshot which illustrates this.