• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Citrix Workspace - Modified Command Line Install and Updates

Started by theiceman, May 10, 2024, 06:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theiceman

Hey,

Hopefully an easy one, but looking for clarification before making any changes.

I have Citrix Workspace (Latest) deployed for a client with some hefty "Modify Command Line" items, and it has the relevant dependencies in place. The installation on a new device is working perfectly using the latest version deployed, the log clearly shows that the command line modifications are applied which tallies with the experience.

However, it looks as though when an update is applied to an existing installation, the command line modifications are not upheld and a more "vanilla" installation occurs. (I haven't been able to capture the log file yet for an impacted device)

My logical assumption here would be that I need to apply the same customisation to the "Update" version of the app as well, but thought I would sense check first of all before applying and waiting for the next update to be released to test.

Really appreciate any input on this one.

Many Thanks!

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Hey there iceman  ;D ,

QuoteMy logical assumption here would be that I need to apply the same customisation to the "Update" version of the app as well, but thought I would sense check first of all before applying and waiting for the next update to be released to test.

You are correct, you will have to apply the same command line customizations to the update too.
After you apply the customizations, you will have take some other actions for the changes to take effect:

• If the update is published to WSUS, you will have to republish it.
  • If the update is published in Intune, then you will have to delete it, and then trigger a sync from the PMPC Publishing Service to get it re-packaged with the updated configuration.