• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Applications that do not have commercial licensing

Started by SheldonKohler, December 19, 2023, 12:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SheldonKohler

While going through the process of adding additional applications to update with Patch My PC, I noticed that CCleaner and Malwarebytes were listed. However, our organization made the decision some time ago to remove CCleaner and Malwarebytes from our systems because we discovered that they are not licensed for business use. Although we never deployed them, some users installed them on their own. As a result, we purchased the business versions of these software applications, which come with different installation files and their own update mechanisms.

I'm just curious as to why home-licensed software like CCleaner and Malwarebytes would be listed in Patch My PC's SCCM database, which is primarily geared towards businesses.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hi Sheldon,

We typically add applications that are requested on our ideas page here: https://ideas.patchmypc.com/. Both CCleaner and Malwarebytes were requested as the free, and not paid versions. Additionally, these specific products were added quite some time ago and largely came from our Home Updater catalog. If you'd like us to also patch the paid versions of these applications, let us know on our ideas page, and we'll work to get them added!