• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

standard requirements

Started by mica, October 09, 2023, 01:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mica

Hello ,

We have to define some standard requirements in our applications.  In PatchMyPc we could set different requirements : "Only install on servers" and "only install on workstation", but the issue is that when PatchMYPC update the application in SCCM, all our standard requirement are deleted .
Do you have a solution to avoid this situation ?
Thanks
Regards
Michael

Hugo Marinho (Patch My PC)

Hi Mica,

To make sure the custom requirements are preserved in ConfigMgr Apps, you need to update the application and not create a new one, can you please check if you are doing so by going into the "ConfigMgr Apps" tab, clicking on "Options" and make sure the option "Update existing application metadata, deployment type, detection method, and content files (Default)", also, if this option is set (which is default), then deployments should remain through an app's lifecycle. i.e. if an application is updated, then its deployments to collections will remain unchanged - so it should give the net result of I think what you're asking for.

Just with the exception of there being no ADR functionality, if you only want software updates installed on workstations (and not servers), you should create a collection which contains just your workstations and deploy the software updates to that.
This is better than using applications in my opinion.

Hope to have helped, let me know if you require further assistance, have a rest of a great day ahead :)

mica

Hi Hugo,

We have already selected the option "Update existing application metadata, deployment type, detection method, and content files (Default)" but unfortunately , when the application is automatically updated via PatchMyPC , our custom requirements are removed
Do you have any idea ?

Michael

Raunak Desai (Patch My PC)

Hey Mica,

Apologies for the delayed response.

You can use the other option to "create a new application without modifying any previous applications.

If you want to persist changes you manually make to an application after we have published it, when we "update in place," we remove the deployment type and create a new one.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Raunak