• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

7-ZIP Language Settings

Started by donaldking, July 29, 2024, 09:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donaldking

Hello everyone

I tried to deploy 7-Zip on all devices with PatchMyPC. The deployment is working fine but I want to change the language from English to Dutch. I tried to change the language over registry:

HKCU\Software\7-Zip
Name: Lang
Value: de

Which is working fine for existing user but I did not find a solution for users, which log in new to the device since the script is only running during the installation.

So I tried to apply an MST File where I changed the product code to 1031 (german). The MST is fine, so when I apply it it changes the code. But when I add the MST File to PatchMyPC, it doesn't work. I can see in the log from PatchMyPC on the test device that the MST is apply, however the language is not changed. Anyone having the same problem or a different way to change the language?

Any help is appreciated!

Dan Gough

It may be that your MST is applying successfully, but updating the ProductLanguage of the MSI is simply having no effect. There does not appear to be anything within the MSI setup to take advantage of this property.

Since you are already comfortable making an MST, your best option is to use Master Packager (the free version will do) to create an action to apply HKCU to all users:

https://www.masterpackager.com/master-packager