• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Beyond Compare - Not Detecting?

Started by gsterling, February 09, 2022, 07:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsterling

Hi,

Was on a server that has Beyond Compare installed and noticed that it wasn't updated to the latest version. I installed it on a test laptop and it doesn't seem to want to update there either. Shows up in Configuration Manager updates as downloaded and deployed (see attached picture).

Computers are currently on version 4.3.7.25118. Lookling at PMP (picture attached) I think the detection rules would pass? Files are located in C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 4 and the reg key specified exists?

How can I troubleshoot further? Thanks!

Regards,

Gregg

Jordan (Patch My PC)

The detection logic there looks correct at a glance, did you validate the state of the greater than based on value of the key?

If you have and it's still not working as intended I would suggest opening with our support team, so we can look to do a bug regression and see if it's a bug in certain scenarios or what changed.

You can open a support case for free here: https://patchmypc.com/technical-support

gsterling

Quote from: Jordan on February 09, 2022, 03:53:59 PM
The detection logic there looks correct at a glance, did you validate the state of the greater than based on value of the key?

Yes I believe that looks good. Moving SUP, WSUS, and Patch MY PC to a new server this weekend so I'll test everything again after and submit ticket if I still have issues. Thank you!