• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Error downloading patch CAB

Started by bhermsen, December 14, 2018, 09:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhermsen

My ADR for downloading the patch manifest has been failing for the last several days with the SCCM 1806 3rd Party integration.  The ADR fails with an error of 0X87D20417 (Auto Deployment Rule download failed).  Checking the ruleengine.log give an Alert ID of 1677294 and the PatchDownloader.log gives "Authentication of file C:\Windows\TEMP\CAB42F4.tmp failed, error 0x800b0004" and "ERROR: DownloadContentFiles() failed with hr=0x80073633" both of which seem to be related to certificate verification.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Can you email us patchdownloader.log

bhermsen

It looks like the Site Server doesn't trust the certificate being used to sign the third-party updates. Have you added the WSUS Signing Cert to the Trusted Root and Trusted Publishers on the site server since this is where the ADR is being used to download the content?

bhermsen

Yes the certificate is in the Trusted Root and Trusted Publishers.  And it is working for other 3rd Party updates (Adobe and Dell).

Can you send us an email support@<domainname> so we can setup a call?

[email protected]

hello ...

we have the same problem with the same error messages!

the whole catalog import goes, only the single product with the link does not work.
example "https://patchmypc.net/scupcatalog/apis/subscriber_download.php?id=<<>>&product=skype"

partner software update catalog works.

greetings  Bruno

Can you try now?

Quote from: [email protected] on December 19, 2018, 10:50:29 AM
hello ...

we have the same problem with the same error messages!

the whole catalog import goes, only the single product with the link does not work.
example "https://patchmypc.net/scupcatalog/apis/subscriber_download.php?id=<<>>&product=skype"

partner software update catalog works.

greetings  Bruno

[email protected]