• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

SCCM 3rd Party Patches Timeout Errors

Started by nickdodds, September 21, 2020, 04:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickdodds

Hi, I use SCCM to push out Microsoft and 3rd Party Patches, using the same process for both.  We've recently started using BITS as most people are currently working on the VPN.  Microsoft patches work fine, but the 3rd Party Patches eventually time out with errors.  These are an 0X87D00314 CI Version Info timed out and 0X800705B4 This operation returned because the timeout period expired.  Has anybody seen this, any ideas what I need to check?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Can you try this? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/archive/blogs/jimriekse/resolving-missing-application-state-messages-due-to-ci-version-info-timed-out-errors-in-configuration-manager-2012

Quote from: nickdodds on September 21, 2020, 04:55:45 AM
Hi, I use SCCM to push out Microsoft and 3rd Party Patches, using the same process for both.  We've recently started using BITS as most people are currently working on the VPN.  Microsoft patches work fine, but the 3rd Party Patches eventually time out with errors.  These are an 0X87D00314 CI Version Info timed out and 0X800705B4 This operation returned because the timeout period expired.  Has anybody seen this, any ideas what I need to check?

nickdodds

I have taken a look at the CIAgentJob log and can't find anything pertaining to an application.  However one log did contain something similar: CIAgentJob({3DE50543-ABAB-455D-825B-21E109F75DF4}): CAgentJob::VersionInfoTimedOut for ModelName Site_1E6620F2-39B1-4D25-AE11-F61D32F21F3F/SUM_97db4b03-73f5-4cc3-bcb0-7004872794c6, version 2 not available.

97db4b03 is a VLC update that doesn't get passed to every endpoint that has the error.

nickdodds

I'm not running the downloads as an application, but patching already installed applications.  if I go to the list of applications, the software giving the problems is not listed so cannot be removed.  The patches I'm trying  to install appear in All Software Updates, rather than applications. Thanks, Nick.

Ah, can you republish the update(s) having issues and see if the new updates work okay? https://patchmypc.com/faq#republishing-updates

nickdodds

Unfortunately I'm not licensed to run your publishing software.  I can download a newer version of a 3rd Party patch into SCCM and try that?

nickdodds

You can duplicate the update and then publish the duplicated update to test it a new update will fix the issue.