• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

issue deleting old assignments

Started by ian.shelley, February 13, 2023, 02:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ian.shelley

I'm having an issue whereby I remove assignments in PatchMyPC, but those assignments are not removed from Intune. For example, when I'm piloting a new update, I assign it to Group1, Group2, Group3, etc. Once I am ready to deploy everywhere, I remove the Group1, Group2, Group3 assignments and add an assignment for All Devices. The All Devices assignment is added in Intune but the old Group1, Group2, Group3 assignments remain (in Intune only, not PMPC).

I do all my assignments in the PMPC console. If I republish the application/update or delete it entirely and recreate it, assignments work fine. PMPC version is 2.1.12.0, Intune only.

pmpc-Screenshot 2023-02-13 135109.jpg intune-Screenshot 2023-02-13 135033.jpg 

Priscilla (Patch My PC)

Hi  ian.shelley,

Thanks for your post. The Publisher will never delete an assignment directly. If you remove an assignment from the list, it will not be recreated in the future, but it will not be deleted in Intune. It may also be copied from previous app versions depending on your Intune application creation options. If you would like to update the assignments to match what you added om the manage assignment feature, you'll need to select the Republish during next sync schedule right-click option. This will delete ALL assignments and recreate them to match what you set in the Manage Assignments feature.

ian.shelley

Got it. Thank you for the quick response, Priscilla!

Priscilla (Patch My PC)