• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Continuous MUI

Started by Tobias, October 17, 2022, 02:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobias

Hello,
i'm getting an installation failed with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Continuous MUI 22.003.20258 (x86). The application installs, but i got the message: The application was not detected after installation completed successfully (0x87D1041C). I get this message at every device. 
Itune-AdobeAcrobatReaderFailure.jpg

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Hi Tobias,

Last week, Adobe decided to rename the app in "Add/Remove Programs" - they took out "DC" from the DisplayName.
This messed with the detection criteria we were using.
We reacted very quickly and corrected that, but if someone created an app in the meantime, it was likely created with the wrong detection.

If that is the case, could you please delete the Adobe win32app and just let it be re-created? It will then be re-created with the corrected detection criteria.

Please let us know how that will go.

Tobias

Hi Liviu,
thanks for the quick reply.

I have deleted the Adobe win32 App and the Adobe Update win32app in Intune. But the Adobe win32 App won't be recreated. Only the Adobe Update win32app. The PatchMyPC.log shows nothing from Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Can you please click the Collect Logs button from the PMPC general tab and then open a support case with us?
https://patchmypc.com/technical-support

We'll then take a look.

Tobias

After running the Publishing Service Sync today, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Continuous MUI was created in Intune again.

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Great news, thank you for the update, Tobias!