• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

Hi

Python 3.7, 3.8 and 3.9 are now end of life and no longer receive updates from the vendor.

Following Patch My PC's end of life policy, these applications have been declined in our catalogue and will be removed in due course.

You can no longer create Python 3.7, 3.8 or 3.9 using Patch My PC's Publisher.

https://patchmypc.com/how-products-are-handled-at-end-of-life-eol-or-become-incompatible
Hey Froff,

Thank you for reaching out.

Can you please help me with the answers to the below questions :

- For which platform are you using PatchMyPC publisher for ?
- Are there any recent changes made in the configuration ?

Can you please help me with the following logs from the server where publisher is installed :

To help us do further troubleshooting, please generate a log bundle by following the steps below:
   1. In the General tab of the Publisher, click on the Collect Logs button under Logging Options
   2. Pick a Folder where you want to save the logs to
a ZIP file will be created in that location containing the relevant server-side logs needed for troubleshooting. You can then send that ZIP file over to us.

From the client machine, where the app failed to install, can you please share the following logs :

https://patchmypc.com/collecting-log-files-for-patch-my-pc-support#application-troubleshooting-client-logs-intune

Regards,
Raunak
Hi,

We have a requirement for having older versions of Python available for install.

Python 3.7 up until 3.12 are available in the catalog.
However, only Python 3.11 and 3.12 is actually working.

When you double click on the other version in the publisher, there is no entry there with a Download URL, Command-Line, etc...

I would appreciate if you can fix this.
Thank you

Hey Simon,

Apologies for the delayed response here.

I was looking internally for a similar case and I found that in January you've raised a support case with us, where Andrew replied you with the workaround you can follow.

If you need, I can share the email again with you.

Regards,
Raunak
- Each IDE usually uses its own way of saving the settings, so we cannot 100% guarantee that it won't change them, as a suggestion, we recommend you 1st only release the update in a small pilot group and validate if any settings have been changed prior to rolling out the updates to everyone;

Indeed... It does seem to be the best way, thank you for your advice!
Enjoy your day!
Hey Diana,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this topic.

You can find more info on "Intune Apps" vs "Intune Updates" on the link below:
https://patchmypc.com/intune-apps-vs-intune-updates

However my colleague Ben Reader, explained it quite well in that thread you linked.

As for your questions:
- We don't have any major reports in that regard from clients;
- Each IDE usually uses its own way of saving the settings, so we cannot 100% guarantee that it won't change them, as a suggestion, we recommend you 1st only release the update in a small pilot group and validate if any settings have been changed prior to rolling out the updates to everyone;

Hope to have helped, have a great day!
Hi all,
This is about the fact that we can only set updates as required, and I could read the reason here: https://patchmypc.com/forum/index.php?topic=4189.0.

However, the developers in my company have raised some concerns about the configurations of their applications (mostly their IDEs, IntelliJ, Pycharm, Eclipse, Visual Studio...) being changed/removed after the updates; it happened in the past where the FortiClient configuration would be erased after an update pushed by Intune. It was not with PatchMyPC, but the incident made us more wary of the updates.

So I have two questions:
- Did you have some similar cases where an update modified/erased the user's configuration?
- If not, could you see a possibility of it happening in the future? (i.e., if you have any idea to what I should check during my testing).

Thank you!
OK< thanks.  makes me feel a little better that "I couldn't find it, because it wasn't there".  :)
I can see it in Resource explorer.
Hello!

There is currently no dashboard available for this data in the Advanced Insights reporting portal. The data is being collected in preparation for the dashboard that will be added in the near future.

You can view the collected data in the DB, query against it, and see it in the resource explorer for endpoints that have collected it via the inventory extensions.
Hi, new to PMPC, just setting up Advanced insights. Found I had to install Dell command monitor to see dock information, so I have done that and done a hardware inventory.  The console says the data is being collected, but I can't find it displayed anywhere in the AI console. Where do I find it?