• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

General Questions (Free Home Updater) / Looks like Patch My PC is down
Last post by coover - September 26, 2022, 12:13:13 PM
Whenever I attempt to open "Patch", I get an error message that my computer is unable to reach the "Patch" server. I am having no problems reaching other websites. Perhaps it is down for maintenance?Screenshot 2022-09-26 111152.png
Hi there, sorry to hear you had an issue with the ZScaler update  :( 

We don't look at each vendors update to understand if extra configuration is required to keep existing application settings on a client that were configured from a base install. If the vendor releases an update that wipes your base configuration my initial thoughts are that you would need to enable the same customization on the updates tab too.

The ZScaler update is an MSI - it would makes sense that you can use the same customization for the update that you do for the base install - but this should obviously be tested to ensure you get the result you were expecting.

Unfortunately there is only so much testing we can do for each update from each vendor. It would be worth escalating this with the vendor to understand if this is expected behavior for this particular application. Again, sorry to hear how you were affected by the vendors update - if you need clarification on the above then please reach out again.
We have just come across an issue when the "Update for Zscaler Client Connector 3.8.0.102 (x64)" was pushed out via PMPC in that its completely wiped out any configuration we had from our original install which from a security point of via isn't good for an update.
To give some insight, our original install that we pushed out via intune has command line configuration that connects to the cloud our specific policy token and enforces no internet connection for our clients until they authenticate with Zscaler so we can manage internet access, but when the PMPC update was deployed it clears this config and leaves a flat install which allows all internet access without having to authenticate first.

This now looks like we are going to have to remove the existing unconfigured installs and re-install via a configured package to re-gain our security which is counter productive considering PMPC is meant to save time
hello,
i am new here from india, here to share some thoughts with you all

install vidmate get-mobdroapk.com
Hello,

We use Dell Command Update (DCU) in our environment with our customizations. If we use PMPC to update our DCU installations will it retain our customizations, or do we have to re-package a later version upon release?

Thanks

Mark
Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. To help us do further troubleshooting, can you send us an email at [email protected] and include the following logs from a client device experiencing this issue:

If this is for Intune, please send us the following logs:
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log
This may be found in the %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\ if the Install was initiated by the user from Company Portal.
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareDetectionScript.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareUpdateDetectionScript.log
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\AgentExecutor.log
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\IntuneManagementExtension.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\PatchMyPC-UserNotification.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\UISettings\UINotificationSettings.xml
Note: Some Patch My PC log files listed above may be found in %WinDir%\CCM folder if that folder exists.

If this is for ConfigMgr, please send us the following logs:
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\CAS*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\DeltaDownload*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\DataTransferService*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log (If exist)
This may be found in the %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\ if the Install was initiated by the user from Software Center.
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\ScanAgent*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\StateMessage.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesDeployment*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesHandler*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesStore*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\WUAHandler*.log
%WinDir%\WindowsUpdate.log
You need to run Get-WindowsUpdateLog on Windows 8.1 and newer in PowerShell.
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\PatchMyPC-UserNotification.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\UISettings\UINotificationSettings.xml
Hello,
  We are trying to do an update of the machine-wide Teams installer so that new users who login to machines get the latest version and don't run into the 1 yr or older block. We are trying to install 1.5.0.21668 yet when the detection script runs, it is seeing the older version, in this case 1.5.0.11163, and returning that Teams is already installed and nothing needs to be done.

I've included the log file below. Is this a bug in the Teams detection script? It seems like it should be comparing the versions and seeing the old one returning a false since the version is indeed newer then what is installed.

*** Starting Detection script for Teams Machine*Wide Installer  with version 1.5.0.21668   PatchMyPC-Detection:738   9/22/2022 11:23:13 AM   3164 (0x0C5C)
Found Teams Machine-Wide Installer version 1.5.0.11163 installed on 20220525   PatchMyPC-Detection:707   9/22/2022 11:23:14 AM   3164 (0x0C5C)
Result of script for checking Detection: Installed   PatchMyPC-Detection:765   9/22/2022 11:23:14 AM   3164 (0x0C5C)

The detection script is signed so I don't think I can easily modify it.

Hi again.

Thanks for the quick reply.
It seems to be sorted now - thank you
Thank for sharing
Requested logs Sent

Thanks
Michael