• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Question regarding Focus Assist in Win10

Started by lee-mecm-admin, July 25, 2022, 07:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lee-mecm-admin

Hello,

I've recently started seeing an uptick in software update failures.  After closing inspection, I noticed that:
User in session 1 [xxxxxx] has exited with command: Notification cancelled (Focus Assist enabled)
User has blocked the update installation process (A conflicting process is still running).
End of Script Runner. Exit code is: 1602

Searching this forum and scowering the interwebs, I'm not finding much in the way of whitelisting SCNotification with Focus Assist/Quiet Hours.

I did come across this command line though:
<CommandLine>/MainFile=KeePass-1.40-Setup.exeÿ"/MainArg=/VERYSILENT /NOCLOSEAPPLICATIONS /NORESTARTAPPLICATIONS /NORESTART /SP- /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES"ÿ/BlockingProcessPolicy=Notifyÿ/UserNotificationTimeout=120ÿ/PreventConflictingProcessRestartÿ/NotificationPolicy=AutoCloseÿ/FocusAssistPolicy=DiscardNotificationÿ"/ApplicationName=KeePass v1 - EXE Install"ÿ/ApplicationID=2e630e69-0b39-4b2b-a6c0-3cc3bf8b551bÿ/KillProcessList=KeePass.exeÿ/ShortcutFileName=KeePassÿ/LoggingSwitch=/LOG={path}ÿ/PrefixInstallLogÿ/LoggingPath=C:\windows\ccm\logs\PatchMyPCInstallLogsÿ/LogRetentionDays=28</CommandLine>

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Wes Mitchell

Lee
The user deferred the installation from the manage conflicting process options you have set. You can modify those in the publisher, here is the link to the documentation: https://patchmypc.com/manage-conflicting-processes-when-updating-third-party-applications

lee-mecm-admin

I have attached a ss of how all updates are set for conflicting processes.

As I was skimming through, I cannot believe I did not spot the drop-down for Focus Assist...  :o

Now I know what to change for the next round of updates.  However, it still does not explain why I'm getting about a 10% failure rate more than 24 hours past the deadline.  And now, we're more than 72 hours past the deadline and we're down to about 5% failure rate.  Checking through the logs, only a fraction of those failures are on machines where focus assist was listed as I mentioned previously.

lee-mecm-admin

To reiterate, what we're seeing is after the deadline has been surpassed, the mechanism that is supposed to force close the running process is not working.  Confirmed on 2 end user's machines this morning.
Is there a setting I'm missing or do we just count this as a glitch with the ccm client?