• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Started by jcarroll, August 01, 2019, 11:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcarroll

I am using the new feature that creates an Application for me in SCCM. All of the applications seem to be working except for Adobe Acrobat Reader.  During an OSD deployment I get this error:

8/1/2019 1:39 PM,422,Adobe Reader DC,.NET Framework Install,The task sequence execution engine failed executing an action,11135,-2,147,467,259,... F54-D24E-4455-8E9C-D0766B35FDFA/Application_807c21b5-a5a4-4c8f-bebc-2315e47c5799'=''
Completed installation job.
Step 2 out of 2 complete
Sending error status message
   Setting URL = https://vhdcsccm01.hagerty.com, Ports = 80,443, CRL = falseSetting Server Certificates.
   Setting Authenticator.
Sending StatusMessage
Setting the authenticator.
CLibSMSMessageWinHttpTransport::Send: WinHttpOpenRequest - URL: vHDCSCCM01.HAGERTY.com:443  CCM_POST /ccm_system_AltAuth/request
SSL, using authenticator in request.
In SSL, but with no client cert.
In SSL, but with no media cert.
App install failed.
Install application action failed: 'Adobe Acrobat Reader DC'. Error Code 0x80004005
Request was successful.
hrInstallation, HRESULT=80004005 (installapplication.cpp,952)
pInstall->InstallApplications(saAppNames, sContinueOnError), HRESULT=80004005 (main.cpp,279)
Install application action cannot continue. ContinueOnErrorFlag is set to false.
Install Static Applications failed, hr=0x80004005

This is like the worst error too because I don't know why it isn't working. Trying to install it after the deployment via software center and it is just spinning on Installing. The AppEnforce log is not reporting anything.

Any ideas what's wrong here?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Can you email the CCM\Logs folder via ZIP using our tech support form https://patchmypc.com/technical-support

dinozoff

Same here. But installing from SW Center is fine.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Let us know if this helps

Applications Fail to Install During OSD in SCCM with Error AuthorizationManager check failed 0x87d00327 - https://patchmypc.com/applications-fail-to-install-during-osd-in-sccm-with-error-authorizationmanager-check-failed-0x87d00327

Quote from: dinozoff on September 09, 2019, 03:08:16 AM
Same here. But installing from SW Center is fine.

dinozoff

Perfect solution (adding step in TSQ)

loonorma

same here too. thanks, was useful. seems that problem solved

Margotli

Did you try reinstalling Adobe after that?

sherylbrock

Quote from: jcarroll on August 01, 2019, 11:56:32 AM
I am using the new feature that creates an Application for me in SCCM. All of the applications seem to be working except for appvalley Adobe Acrobat Reader.  During an OSD deployment I get this error:

8/1/2019 1:39 PM,422,Adobe Reader DC,.NET Framework Install,The task sequence execution engine failed executing an action,11135,-2,147,467,259,... F54-D24E-4455-8E9C-D0766B35FDFA/Application_807c21b5-a5a4-4c8f-bebc-2315e47c5799'=''
Completed installation job.
Step 2 out of 2 complete
Sending error status message
   Setting URL = https://vhdcsccm01.hagerty.com, Ports = 80,443, CRL = falseSetting Server Certificates.
   Setting Authenticator.
Sending StatusMessage
Setting the authenticator.
CLibSMSMessageWinHttpTransport::Send: WinHttpOpenRequest - URL: vHDCSCCM01.HAGERTY.com:443  CCM_POST /ccm_system_AltAuth/request
SSL, using authenticator in request.
In SSL, but with no client cert.
In SSL, but with no media cert.
App install failed.
Install application action failed: 'Adobe Acrobat Reader DC'. Error Code 0x80004005
Request was successful.
hrInstallation, HRESULT=80004005 (installapplication.cpp,952)
pInstall->InstallApplications(saAppNames, sContinueOnError), HRESULT=80004005 (main.cpp,279)
Install application action cannot continue. ContinueOnErrorFlag is set to false.
Install Static Applications failed, hr=0x80004005

This is like the worst error too because I don't know why it isn't working. Trying to install it after the deployment via software center and it is just spinning on Installing. The AppEnforce log is not reporting anything.

Any ideas what's wrong here?

I'm also getting the same error. Finally, it solved me using @Justin Chalfant's solution.

Thank you so much...

TylerFryer

I installed the solution, updated the Adobe version, but the problem remained. My page doesn't open completely, black bar appears after scrolling.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hi Tyler,

Can I get a bit more clarification? Which problem are you referencing here? Thanks!

fearless_fish

Hi - I also appear to have the same problem as per the original post. The only application that fails is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, with the error code 0x80004005 in the SMSTS.log as per the OP.

We already import the WSUS signing certificate as part of the TS (though whether this step still works I'm not sure) - but I receive no errors in AppDiscovery.log like those reported in the link that Justin sent. I get error code 150201 in the AppEnforce.log.

This link seems to suggest error code 150201 is related to Adobe being unable to extract the files properly when running under the system context:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SCCM/comments/qqzrcm/adobe_reader_x64_installation_error_exit_code/

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Yes, the existing Adobe x64 installers will fail with the error 150201. This is an issue with the installer unfortunately and there isn't much we can do about it.

You can get the app to install outside of OSD by doing the following: set the user experience option on the deployment type to "Allow users to view and interact with the program installation".