• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

AppHangB1 Error

Started by kbt287, November 02, 2015, 07:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbt287

Hello,

Whenever I launch patchmypc.exe, it will immediately hang and say not responding and it gives me the following message (this occurs on Windows 7):

Description :
  Un probl├¿me a provoqu├® lÔÇÖarr├¬t de lÔÇÖinteraction de ce programme avec Windows.

Signature du probl├¿me :
  Nom dÔÇÖ├®v├®nement de probl├¿me:   AppHangB1
  Nom de lÔÇÖapplication:   PatchMyPC.exe
  Version de lÔÇÖapplication:   3.0.3.0
  Horodatage de lÔÇÖapplication:   55b88a80
  Signature de blocage:   161f
  Type de blocage:   256
  Version du syst├¿me:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Identificateur de param├¿tres r├®gionaux:   3084
  Signature de blocage suppl├®m. 1:   161f1b95c20d3e26bf7df8c7923f43bb
  Signature de blocage suppl├®m. 2:   4c21
  Signature de blocage suppl├®m. 3:   4c21c09c476dad600e3209c723f25832
  Signature de blocage suppl├®m. 4:   161f
  Signature de blocage suppl├®m. 5:   161f1b95c20d3e26bf7df8c7923f43bb
  Signature de blocage suppl├®m. 6:   4c21
  Signature de blocage suppl├®m. 7:   4c21c09c476dad600e3209c723f25832

I am curious if anyone else has had this issue and what they did about it.

Omar (Patch My PC)

kbt287

Same result after downloading again

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Can you try to reinstall .net framework 3.5?

S_EEk_ER

Quote from: Patch My PC Support on November 10, 2015, 10:04:20 AM
Can you try to reinstall .net framework 3.5?

I have the .NET Framework 4.5.2 only installed on two laptops.  It's PatchMyPC works fine on one laptop, but not the other.  I tried repairing the .NET framework, but it still crashes on me when I launch it.

Has a fix been created, as I see this post is several weeks old?

Can you export the following registry keys for me?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

S_EEk_ER

Quote from: Patch My PC Support on December 22, 2015, 11:05:15 AM
Can you export the following registry keys for me?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

What specifically are you looking for?  There is a lot of custom information in those keys for my specific PC.

S_EEk_ER

Time to check out FileHippo Update Checker, Update Notifier or Secunia PSI as it's apparent PatchMyPC has very little support.

We asked for you to provide us the info to help troubleshoot this issue and you did not help.

Quote from: S_EEk_ER on January 27, 2016, 08:34:37 AM
Time to check out FileHippo Update Checker, Update Notifier or Secunia PSI as it's apparent PatchMyPC has very little support.

S_EEk_ER

Quote from: Patch My PC Support on January 27, 2016, 09:06:00 AM
We asked for you to provide us the info to help troubleshoot this issue and you did not help.

I responded with, "What specifically are you looking for?  There is a lot of custom information in those keys for my specific PC."

You never acknowledged that post.

Anyway, there are about a hundred entries in the registry key you asked for, all of which are custom to and specific to the applications installed on my PC.  I don't believe providing all the information publicly is a good form of support.  Perhaps you could have indicated what specifically you were looking for and I would have been happy to provide it.

I've used your software for over a year now and I really like it.

You can use our technical support email form to attach it to only us. It's up to you if you want to send the add/remove program data over. We would essentially import these keys into a virtual machine in order to run a debugger to see if we can repro the exception.

Quote from: S_EEk_ER on January 27, 2016, 09:15:26 AM
Quote from: Patch My PC Support on January 27, 2016, 09:06:00 AM

I responded with, "What specifically are you looking for?  There is a lot of custom information in those keys for my specific PC."

You never acknowledged that post.

Anyway, there are about a hundred entries in the registry key you asked for, all of which are custom to and specific to the applications installed on my PC.  I don't believe providing all the information publicly is a good form of support.  Perhaps you could have indicated what specifically you were looking for and I would have been happy to provide it.

I've used your software for over a year now and I really like it.

S_EEk_ER

Quote from: Patch My PC Support on January 27, 2016, 10:01:35 AM
You can use our technical support email form to attach it to only us. It's up to you if you want to send the add/remove program data over. We would essentially import these keys into a virtual machine in order to run a debugger to see if we can repro the exception.

Good to know, that's good info.

So how's this for crazy?  I tried PatchMyPC not long ago and it's mysteriously working again.  The only recent updates/applications that were installed in the last day are Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1, Firefox, Adobe Flash Player 20 ActiveX, Adobe Flash Player 20 NPAPI, CCleaner.

Perhaps my issue was tied to the .NET Framework.

Very possible. Currupt .NET tends to cause most issue we see.

Quote from: S_EEk_ER on January 27, 2016, 11:12:46 AM
Quote from: Patch My PC Support on January 27, 2016, 10:01:35 AM

Good to know, that's good info.

So how's this for crazy?  I tried PatchMyPC not long ago and it's mysteriously working again.  The only recent updates/applications that were installed in the last day are Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1, Firefox, Adobe Flash Player 20 ActiveX, Adobe Flash Player 20 NPAPI, CCleaner.

Perhaps my issue was tied to the .NET Framework.

S_EEk_ER

Thank-you for your help.  Looks like I'm good to go now, so I'll report back any other issues if I encounter them.

Do you happen to have the Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.dll in the same folder as PatchMyPC? If so could you try to delete that file? Another user reported this helped the issue.