• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Supported Products mismatch with MECM?

Started by Rbrown, May 19, 2022, 11:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbrown

Hello,
Having an issue with some products showing up in the "Scan Configuration Manager Database for Supported Products" that we do not actually have installed in SCCM.  For example, SketchUp Make 2016(x86),
SketchUp Make 2016 (x64), SketchUp Make 2017 (x64), SketchUp Pro 2016 (x86), SketchUp Pro 2016 (x64), and SketchUp Pro 2017 (x64) are showing a count of 3, indicating 3 systems have this installed, however doing a search in SCCM (utilizing the Software 02D - Computers with Specific Software Installed), we do not show any machines with SketchUp Pro installed.    I feel I am missing something obvious, anyone run across this before?

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Hi Rbrown, if you are to search for "%SketchUp%" only, does that bring any matches? Can you please confirm that?

Rbrown

Thanks for the response - after further investigating, I was able to identify that this was a plugin for AutoCAD, used to import SketchUp files (SketchUp Import 2016-2017 2.2).   Why it shows as six different products in PMPC I do not know.

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Apologies for not getting back to you.
The reason why it shows as multiple products is related to how we do the query on your database.
We basically search for %productname%, and that might hit other products from the database, in unfortunate scenarios like this one.