• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Paint.Net 4.2.12 install error

Started by sw-deploy, June 24, 2020, 06:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sw-deploy

There is a error when we try to update the Paint.Net (attachment paintnet.jpg)
The MSI logfile contains the error 'Product: paint.net -- To install this product, use the setup wizard.' (attachment paintnet2.jpg)

I can remember, this happens when the downloaded EXE file was extracted with 7zip and try to use the MSI file for install.

To get the "true" MSI files they have to be generated with this command:
paint.net.4.2.12.install.exe /createMsi

A folder within the MSI files will be placed on the desktop.
The installation works as indeed yet.

If the Paint.Net is open while the update runs the installation finished successfully with return code 1 - pending reboot (attachment paintnet3.jpg)

Please could this get fixed?

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Ahh, so this is a double edged sword... If we use the /createMSI flag, the digital signature of the msi is broken and SCUP will flag it...

We'll work on getting this sorted.

Quote from: pilgi3 on June 24, 2020, 06:37:17 AM
There is a error when we try to update the Paint.Net (attachment paintnet.jpg)
The MSI logfile contains the error 'Product: paint.net -- To install this product, use the setup wizard.' (attachment paintnet2.jpg)

I can remember, this happens when the downloaded EXE file was extracted with 7zip and try to use the MSI file for install.

To get the "true" MSI files they have to be generated with this command:
paint.net.4.2.12.install.exe /createMsi

A folder within the MSI files will be placed on the desktop.
The installation works as indeed yet.

If the Paint.Net is open while the update runs the installation finished successfully with return code 1 - pending reboot (attachment paintnet3.jpg)

Please could this get fixed?

Could you please try adding the following to the command line via right click options:
JPGPNGBMPEDITOR=1 TGAEDITOR=1 QUEUENGEN=0 SKIPCLEANUP=0 USINGWIZARD=1 LASTACCEPTEDEULAVERSION="20000101"

I think this will solve the issue, and if it does we can update the definition. Thank you!

sw-deploy

I have tried with your commandline:

PaintDotNet__4.2.12_x64.msi  with argument: REBOOT=ReallySuppress CHECKFORBETAS=0 DESKTOPSHORTCUT=0 CHECKFORUPDATES=0 JPGPNGBMPEDITOR=1 TGAEDITOR=1 QUEUENGEN=0 SKIPCLEANUP=0 USINGWIZARD=1 LASTACCEPTEDEULAVERSION="20000101" /l C:\windows\ccm\logs\PatchMyPCInstallLogs\PaintDotNet__4.2.12_x64.msi.log

The installation finished successful!
But I have to test what happens, if paint.net is open while installing.
I will report back!

NorthKipper

Quote from: Andrew Jimenez on June 24, 2020, 11:52:34 AM

Could you please try adding the following to the command line via right click options:
JPGPNGBMPEDITOR=1 TGAEDITOR=1 QUEUENGEN=0 SKIPCLEANUP=0 USINGWIZARD=1 LASTACCEPTEDEULAVERSION="20000101"

I think this will solve the issue, and if it does we can update the definition. Thank you!

We had the same problem and adding this command line solved it for us. Thank you :)

Awesome, we'll get the command line added to the default install string in a future catalog release (next week most likely)