• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

PatchmyPC not syncing updates after Server OS Upgrade

Started by David P, November 18, 2019, 12:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David P

We have 2 ConfigMgr servers, a site server(A), and a MP/DP/SUP(B) with PatchMyPC installed.
Yesterday we updated both server OS's from 2012R2 to 2019. Before doing so on the B server, we removed the WSUS role, then after upgrading reinstalled WSUS and reattached the database (which is on A). All as outlined here:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/servers/manage/upgrade-on-premises-infrastructure

The issue we are having is that PatchMyPC updates are not syncing, application builds are working.

I can see in the wsyncmgr.log that Microsoft updates are syncing, I see 4 that synced this morning, and they are listed in the Console. There are no errors or any notifications about the updates from PatchMyPC.

The PatchMyPC.log says everything is fine and its publishing updates. "A total of 10 updates were published, 0 update was revised, 0 update was expired, 0 application was published into SCCM, 0 SCCM package was updated, 0 package was revised in SCCM, 0 application was auto-enabled and 0 update was auto-enabled"
They just dont show in the Software Updates in the ConfigMgr console.

What I'm looking for is advice, should I just run the PatchMyPC installer again, maybe some components went missing during the upgrade? Or is there something else I should check.
Thanks

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Can you see if you have two Patch My PC vendors listed in the Software Update Point products now? We have seen issues when after an OS in-place upgrade WSUS may duplicate third-party vendors.

David P

Hi yes, that is our problem.
I saw their was another thread about duplicate entries but I didn't read it until now.
"We did this in one of our labs and things worked fine with the exception of the duplicate Patch My PC vendor. We've just been using both vendors and that's the easier workaround. We've just made sure that ADRs and searches include both vendor names."

Is the resolution still to just enable both vendors for now then?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Yeah, it is unless you wanted to work with MSFT to see if they could do some direct edits in the DB.

Quote from: David P on November 18, 2019, 02:12:36 PM
Hi yes, that is our problem.
I saw their was another thread about duplicate entries but I didn't read it until now.
"We did this in one of our labs and things worked fine with the exception of the duplicate Patch My PC vendor. We've just been using both vendors and that's the easier workaround. We've just made sure that ADRs and searches include both vendor names."

Is the resolution still to just enable both vendors for now then?

SmthJone