• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Always skip Teamviewer

Started by clickright, November 14, 2012, 06:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clickright

Love your program! Is there any way to add "Always skip Teamviewer" to the options page please?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

I will try to get this added soon

cubetech

I second both of these, I also love your program and would love it even more if it could skip Teamviewer :) It keeps replacing my Teamviewer Host installs with the full Teamviewer program.

Thanks for such a great tool!!

Darkwing

Yes Please.
Actually, it would be nice if your software could differentiate between the versions and update TV 6 to or TV 7, etc to it's latest respective version without upgrading to the most current.
To heck with that. Just make it not update Teamviewer please. :)

Darkwing

Pretty Please!  With sugar on top! And cherries. . . and chocolate. . . and bacon.  Lots and lots of bacon!

cberg

Let me pile on and say whole heartedly: ME TOO!!

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

You do you you can uncheck team viewer in the other updates?

Darkwing

It doesn't stay unchecked and you can't run it by command line or on auto without it rechecking and upgrading TV.
Teamviewer is very expensive. I have a 4 licence Enterprise class key and for me to upgrade will cost over $1200. In my opinion, and this is your software so you can do what you want, but I think the TV update option should be off by default. I've thought about trying to defeat the feature on my own in various fashions but my worry would be that you'd update your software and recheck that little box and I'd find myself not able to get into any of my client PCs.  I have about 50 client machines spread over 250 miles and if your software upgrades my TV host on those machines I would have to physically go to each machine and uninstall TV 8.
All I'm looking for is something to automate windows update, java/adobe, ccleaner and defragging (silently running an AV program would be handy as well but most have scheduling features). My plan was to use dMaintenance to maintain my client's computers subscription with the patchmypc for some of those functions but if I can't keep it from upgrading the Teamviewer then I simply can't use it. I'm persistant and I'll figure out another way. It's been a busy week so I haven't had time to work on it but I'll get back to it next week.
Very cool program though, Justin. I'll be keeping my eye out for future iterations. :)
I am a professional and work out of my home providing managed IT for a few small businesses here in my area. Yes I would be willing to pay for the software. Free is always awesome. :)

bytes

Any update on this?