• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Teracopy 3.26 download failed 1st and 2nd attempt

Started by trading10, January 24, 2018, 12:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trading10

Fully patched windows 7 home 64 bit.  Updater v3.4.0.0

Omar (Patch My PC)

There was no problem with our test and the download URL hasn't changed. Please try again maybe there was a heavy load on their server at the time.

trading10

It tried multiple times over three day period, but result was the same.  Not the first time I've seen this particular download fail on other systems as well.  System in question as previously mentioned was fully patched, had no 3rd party antivirus or firewall installed.

A different system on the same network received the following error for
Adwcleaner v7.0.4.0:

Creating a system restore point please wait

Patch My PC 3.4.0.0 | Definitions: 24-Jan-2018 | 1/24/2018 7:22:04 PM
Operating System  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional  x64

Using Custom Download Path: C:\Program Installs
Failed To verify file Size from URL

A second attempt produced this message:

Patch My PC 3.4.0.0 | Definitions: 24-Jan-2018 | 1/24/2018 7:26:08 PM
Operating System  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional  x64

Using Custom Download Path: C:\Program Installs
Downloading AdwCleaner (7.83 MB)
Download Failed

Patch My PC Update Complete 1/24/2018 7:26:19 PM

Omar (Patch My PC)

trading10

Yes, I checked available space on each computer.

As of this writing, I'm connected to third machine running Win10 Pro 64 that is failing to download Adobe Flash Plugin. 

Earlier today on a fourth system running Win7 Pro 64, downloading of 7zip failed both times, and would not proceed further.  Retried by launching PMPCU as administrator, but results were the same.  Mozilla Firefox download attempt 1 failed, but did download on the 2nd attempt.

In short, this affects:
Adwcleaner
Adobe Flash Plugin
7zip
TeraCopy
Mozilla Firefox

Four different machines running Win7 or 10, on four different networks, and two different ISP's (Comcast and Frontier FIOS).

Download speeds seem affected as well.  Even running over the fastest FIOS and Comcast connections available (not using wireless), a 23.92MB OneDrive update from Microsoft (who has virtually unlimited bandwidth), took something like 3-5 mins before failing attempt 1, with 2nd attempt download finishing in about 45 secs.

Omar (Patch My PC)

Thanks for reporting! we will investigate this.
But you sure it's not a firewall issue right?

trading10

Yes, I believe I've sufficiently ruled out possible firewall issues.

The first machine I mentioned with windows 7 pro 64, was a fresh install with no 3rd party software installed prior to using PMPCU with no modifications to the windows default firewall rules.  Makes no difference with the windows firewall disabled either.

trading10

Some additional feedback for your troubleshooting efforts -

Two more systems experiencing download failures or retries - one runs Win7 Pro 64, and the one below Win10 Pro. 

With the below system, I ran PMPCU three times to download WhoCrashed 6.01, but the result was the same each time - Download Attempt 1 Failed, Download Attempt 2 Failed.

Patch My PC 3.4.1.0 | Definitions: 02-Feb-2018 | 2/2/2018 7:50:38 PM
Operating System  Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

Downloading WhoCrashed (8.82 MB)
Download Attempt 1 Failed
Waiting 5 seconds to retry
Downloading WhoCrashed (8.82 MB) attempt 2
Download Attempt 2 Failed

Patch My PC Update Complete 2/2/2018 7:51:01 PM

Omar (Patch My PC)

We improved the download process of Patch My PC in v4.0 :) This should be fixed now.