• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Items on left remain check after program is removed and patchmypc rescans.

Started by warwagon, January 12, 2018, 09:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warwagon

This bug has been present for quite a while

How to recreate

After opening patchmypc it will detect (for example) Syncbackfree and show it as Red on the right and yellow and checked on the left.  Leaving patchmypc open and uninstalling Syncback free, when going back to patchmpc and clicking "rescan" it disappears from the right, but stays yellow and checked on the left.

Omar (Patch My PC)

That means is did not update successfully, Most likely it means that SyncBack Free is running in the background and needs to be closed first, please close it if it's running and try again then let me know what happened.

warwagon

As a quick test, I installed CPU-z ... then uninstalled it. Made sure it wasn't running in the background, rescanned after unintsall, it was removed from the right, stayed yellow on the left.

Omar (Patch My PC)

Wait do you mean red? Yellow only appears if you are searching for apps! Can you post a screenshot?

warwagon

Sorry, you are right my bad. Plus the app was already up to date .. only happens with out of date apps. Here is a better example.

On my computer ccleaner was out of date

So I then uninstall it, and as you can see it's not running in memory, then I click rescan and it disappears from the right but stays checked on the left. Now even though it's not on the right, if I were to click the update button it would reinstall the app.

Notice how it says install 3 updates even though 2 are listed in red?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

This will be fixed in the next update. If an outdated app (Red in color on left) is checked, we will now clear that check before doing the re-scan of apps. If it's still outdated (Not removed/uninstalled) it will be auto checked again during the re-scan.

Cloudionut

I have the same problem with you. I would like to fix it. I have to do

warwagon