• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Apple software

Started by Pepper, January 09, 2013, 09:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepper

First of all, there's a new version 7.73 of QuickTime since sometime in December.

Also, I'm wondering what your future plans are for iTunes. Besides the Application Support, there is also the mobile device support and a few other things included in the "full" iTunes setup file. I have a feeling that probably all these pieces need to be kept up to date, I have no idea if iTunes 11.7 works with iTunes 9 device support, for example.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

QuickTime 7.73 is currently in the catalog did you have issues seeing it?

I will try to get Mobile Device Support added soon.

Bonjour and Apple software Update are the other two these aren't usually needed or wanted in an enterprise.

Quote from: Pepper on January 09, 2013, 09:02:44 PM
First of all, there's a new version 7.73 of QuickTime since sometime in December.

Also, I'm wondering what your future plans are for iTunes. Besides the Application Support, there is also the mobile device support and a few other things included in the "full" iTunes setup file. I have a feeling that probably all these pieces need to be kept up to date, I have no idea if iTunes 11.7 works with iTunes 9 device support, for example.

Pepper

Yes, just downloaded and imported again. Still no QuickTime 7.73, just the old 7.72.

I see it in the XML I extracted from the cab file, for some reason SCUP is not seeing it.

Update: I deleted the Apple branch from the tree and reimported. It's working correctly now. Since I've been using your catalog for a while, perhaps I should delete all the vendors and reimport.

Pepper

OK, a new version of iTunes is out. It contains:

• Bonjour 3.0.0.10 (not changed in quite a while but not yet in your catalog)
  • AppleMobileDeviceSupport 6.1.0.13
  • AppleApplicationSupport 2.3.3
  • iTunes 11.0.2.25

In this "enterprise" we have several users with iPhones who connect them to their desktop computers, as iT Admin and also local iDevice guru, it falls to me to keep all those machines up to date.

I agree the Apple Software Update piece is useless, as is any other built-in update mechanism for a product already being maintained by WSUS/SCUP.

Thanks for the update, we will get this added today or tomorrow!

Apple Mobile Device Support and Bonjour was added today hope this helps you!

Pepper

New iTunes has been out for a while.  8)

We should have it tested and ready late this week / early next week.

Thanks

LanceP

Hi,
  Could you kindly let me know if icloud which is part of the Apple software suite, will be included in the updates. We have numerous users who use it ever since we have shifted to iPhones.

Thanks
Lance.

We will look at getting this added into SCUP. It's not currently in SCUP since iCloud isn't a part of iTunes. Can you create a new topic in the request new software section of the forum?