• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Package verifications by PMPC Team

Started by Ithendyr, October 13, 2022, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithendyr

Hi,
We are questioning about your process for the verification of packages.
With the last update of the package Adobe Reader DC 22.003.20258, Adobe changes informations writen in registry and your detection script are based on theses informations. (https://patchmypc.com/forum/index.php?topic=6150.0)

Of course, the origin of the problem isn't on your side but you have pushed this update without testing it and we need to fix the resulting problems.
We pay few throusends dollars for your services and visibly, you didn't make correctly your job.

• Why this/these package(s) haven't tested ?
  • Can you be more transparent about your packaging and testing process?

Cordlialy.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

We test every software update using the software updates model in ConfigMgr and WSUS. The detection methods we use for base applications are a little different than updates.

Quote from: Ithendyr on October 13, 2022, 05:07:57 AMWe pay few throusends dollars for your services and visibly, you didn't make correctly your job.

You are 100% right with the quote above. For this change in Adobe Reader in the latest version, we failed to do our part in testing the situations for the change in the name, I'm following up with our team, and I will follow up with you on how we will ensure we catch these situations in the future.

- Justin