• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Unable to connect to patchmypc

Started by Phoneios, March 02, 2020, 07:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoneios

Not sure if this is a bug at all but since a couple of weeks I canÔÇÖt use Patchmypc anymore.

If patchmypc wants to connect to the server I get this message, in English strangely mixed up with some Dutch:

Unable to connection to patchmypc.com. Please verify you have internet connection And try to browse to https://patchmypc.com.

Error Message: De externe server heeft een fout geretourneerd: (403)
Niet toegestaan.

With the Dutch part translated that would be something like:

Unable to connection to patchmypc.com. Please verify you have internet connection And try to browse to https://patchmypc.com.

Error Message: The external server returned an error: (403)
Not allowed.

About my network and devices, what I have found out so far, other things to consider:

My internetprovider is very fast and reliable, all things online work flawlessly. Patchmypc has been working perfectly for years and this changed suddenly, without any alterations to my setup at all.

╠ÂW╠Âh╠Âe╠Ân╠ ╠Ât╠Âr╠Ây╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠Âc╠Âo╠Ân╠Ân╠Âe╠Âc╠Ât╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠ ╠Âh╠Ât╠Ât╠Âp╠Âs╠Â:╠Â/╠Â/╠Âp╠Âa╠Ât╠Âc╠Âh╠Âm╠Ây╠Âp╠Âc╠Â.╠Âc╠Âo╠Âm╠ ╠Âv╠Âi╠Âa╠ ╠Âb╠Âr╠Âo╠Âw╠Âs╠Âe╠Âr╠Â,╠ ╠ÂF╠Âi╠Âr╠Âe╠Âf╠Âo╠Âx╠ ╠Âs╠Âa╠Ây╠Âs╠ ╠Âs╠Âo╠Âm╠Âe╠Ât╠Âh╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âl╠Âi╠Âk╠Âe╠ ╠ÂÔÇ£╠Âw╠Âe╠ ╠Âc╠Âa╠Ân╠ÂÔÇÖ╠Ât╠ ╠Âf╠Âi╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âa╠Ât╠ ╠Âw╠Âe╠Âb╠Âs╠Âi╠Ât╠Âe╠ÂÔÇØ╠Â.╠ ╠Â
╠ÂP╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠Âs╠ ╠Âa╠Âr╠Âe╠ ╠Ât╠Âi╠Âm╠Âe╠Âd╠ ╠Âo╠Âu╠Ât╠Â.╠ ╠Â
╠ÂI╠ ╠Âc╠Âh╠Âe╠Âc╠Âk╠Âe╠Âd╠ ╠Âu╠Âs╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âa╠ ╠Âc╠Âh╠Âr╠Âo╠Âm╠Âe╠ ╠Âb╠Âa╠Âs╠Âe╠Âd╠ ╠Âb╠Âr╠Âo╠Âw╠Âs╠Âe╠Âr╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠Âs╠Âi╠Âd╠Âe╠Âs╠ ╠ÂF╠Âi╠Âr╠Âe╠Âf╠Âo╠Âx╠Â,╠ ╠ÂÔÇÿ╠Ân╠Âo╠ ╠Âs╠Âu╠Âc╠Âh╠ ╠Âw╠Âe╠Âb╠Âs╠Âi╠Ât╠Âe╠ÂÔÇÖ╠Â.╠ ╠Â
╠ÂI╠ ╠Âc╠Âa╠Ân╠ ╠Âr╠Âe╠Âa╠Âc╠Âh╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Ây╠ ╠Âo╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠Âr╠ ╠Âw╠Âe╠Âb╠Âs╠Âi╠Ât╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âi╠Ât╠Âh╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Ây╠ ╠Âb╠Âr╠Âo╠Âw╠Âs╠Âe╠Âr╠Â.╠ ╠Â
╠ÂI╠ ╠Âl╠Âo╠Âo╠Âk╠Âe╠Âd╠ ╠Âu╠Âp╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âi╠Âp╠ ╠Âa╠Âd╠Âr╠Âe╠Âs╠Âs╠ ╠Âo╠Âf╠ ╠Âp╠Âa╠Ât╠Âc╠Âh╠Âm╠Ây╠Âp╠Âc╠Â,╠ ╠ÂI╠ ╠Âc╠Âa╠Ân╠ ╠Ân╠Âo╠Ât╠ ╠Âc╠Âo╠Ân╠Ân╠Âe╠Âc╠Ât╠ ╠Âu╠Âs╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âi╠Âp╠ ╠Âa╠Âd╠Âr╠Âe╠Âs╠Âs╠ ╠Âi╠Ân╠Âs╠Ât╠Âe╠Âa╠Âd╠ ╠Âo╠Âf╠ ╠Âw╠Âe╠Âb╠ ╠Âa╠Âd╠Âr╠Âe╠Âs╠Âs╠Â.╠ ╠Â

╠ÂF╠Âr╠Âo╠Âm╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Âa╠Âm╠Âe╠ ╠Ân╠Âe╠Ât╠Âw╠Âo╠Âr╠Âk╠ ╠Âv╠Âi╠Âa╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Âa╠Âm╠Âe╠ ╠Âm╠Âo╠Âd╠Âe╠Âm╠Â/╠Âr╠Âo╠Âu╠Ât╠Âe╠Âr╠ ╠ÂI╠ ╠Âc╠Âa╠Ân╠ ╠Âc╠Âo╠Ân╠Ân╠Âe╠Âc╠Ât╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âi╠Âs╠ ╠Âw╠Âe╠Âb╠Âs╠Âi╠Ât╠Âe╠ ╠Âv╠Âi╠Âa╠ ╠Âs╠Âm╠Âa╠Âr╠Ât╠Âp╠Âh╠Âo╠Ân╠Âe╠Â.╠ ╠ÂS╠Âo╠ ╠Âi╠Ât╠ ╠Âi╠Âs╠ ╠Ân╠Âo╠Ât╠ ╠Âa╠ ╠Âs╠Âe╠Ât╠Ât╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âo╠Ân╠ ╠Âm╠Ây╠ ╠Âm╠Âo╠Âd╠Âe╠Âm╠Â/╠Âr╠Âo╠Âu╠Ât╠Âe╠Âr╠Â.╠ ╠Â
(edit: After some time this issue with the website has been resolved by itself...)

The issue has been mentioned in this extremely short thread:
https://patchmypc.com/forum/index.php?topic=2055.0

So I checked the host file. Patchmypc is not blocked.
I checked the Firewall:
There are no application rules regarding patchmypc
Zero websites are blocked.

There are no other issues with this machine.

Update: Lo and behold, I now can reach the website! That was not possible up to this morning. However, the app still canÔÇÖt connect and this has been the case for at least a week or two. The app however still can't connect.

Now the connection to the website (at least for me) has been intermittendly interupted too while all other websites are without issues (and those were many), IÔÇÖd appreciate if somebody knowledgable could think this over. What could cause my issue? What could be the solution?

In the meantime I tried to run patchmypc with the firewall in 'trainingsmodus' to no avail.

Phoneios

Quote from: CSaain on April 07, 2020, 04:44:53 AM
Can you summarize in Short Summary.

Thanks for bumping. I'll summarize for you:

Patchmypc can't connect to the server

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

This looks like a firewall issue on your end.

paweterings

It can't be an firewallproblem: I added patchmypc.com to programs allowed to communicate (see attachment). Yesterday PMP worked perfectly on this internet connection, nothing has changed (except for the error message obviously).

sync45

Quote from: Phoneios on March 02, 2020, 07:45:27 AM
Not sure if this is a bug at all but since a couple of weeks I canÔÇÖt use Patchmypc anymore.

I have exactly the same problem, but only with my laptop. It's running Windows 10 with all the latest updates. I've had Patchmypc installed for a couple of years on it and it always worked. But recently I started to get the same error message about not being able to connect. I've excluded/allowed it on my firewall and Bitdefender AV. No change. The weird thing is that Patchmypc works fine with my W10 desktop. Same router/modem. It's something inside my laptop that's the problem, but what and where?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Other users have had success by doing the following:

sync45