• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Dell Command Update Install

Started by Jspring, November 30, 2022, 12:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jspring

Beginning with the latest version of Dell Command Update 4.7.1, the PMPC application is not properly installing during operating system deployment via MEMCM. The AppEnforce log shows a 0 exit code, but the app detection script fails to detect the install. If you allow this step to continue on error, the app shows as installed but doesn't actually work.

This may be related to 4.7.1 being a Universal Windows App now. Any solutions for installing as SYSTEM during OSD?

FrankvdH

TimothyG

alexwtech

Same issue Here,

Seeing some systems install the application, It does not open gets a 324 detection error in sw center

Seeing some systems not installing the application at all and getting the 324 detection error in sw center

Jspring

Found an acceptable way of making it work: Take the Dell Command Update installer exe file from the Patch My PC install package, then use that exe's command line to extract it. Then using the extracted exe you can run this command line as SYSTEM with Config Manager and install for all users: DellCommandUpdateApp_Setup.exe /S /v/qn

You'll just have to create your own deployment package and not use PMPC's package.

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

Dell support confirm this is a known issue. If you have a contact at Dell, please open a support case to apply more pressure as this a vendor installer issue.

You can track the status of this on our known issues page: https://patchmypc.com/known-issues-and-considerations-when-using-patch-my-pc