• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Adding additional Arguments

Started by peter.caldwell, March 06, 2022, 12:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter.caldwell

We are trying to deploy Webex within Intune and wish to add the ENABLEOUTLOOKINTEGRATION=1 ALLUSERS=1 arguments to the install command.

Webex doco states
QuoteENABLEOUTLOOKINTEGRATION

When installing Webex App, if you have administration access privileges, you can specify that Webex App will register with Microsoft Outlook for presence integration with Windows using the ENABLEOUTLOOKINTEGRATION=1 property. If you don't specify the property option, the default value is set as false.

Specify that Webex App will register with Microsoft Outlook for presence integration on Windows.

For example: msiexec /i c:\work\Webex.msi ENABLEOUTLOOKINTEGRATION=1 ALLUSERS=1.

Users can select or deselect the checkbox in Settings themselves.

I have right-clicked the Webex Install package inside Patch My PC and selected 'Modify Command Line'

I have added ENABLEOUTLOOKINTEGRATION=1 ALLUSERS=1

If I check in Intune I only see 'Install command 'PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.exe /InstallPackage'
If I Check show package info, the install command is 'AUTOOC=0 ALLUSERS=1 ACCEPT_EULA=TRUE REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qn'

Any Advice would be much appreciated

regards
Pete

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

Quote from: peter.caldwell on March 06, 2022, 12:13:12 AM
We are trying to deploy Webex within Intune and wish to add the ENABLEOUTLOOKINTEGRATION=1 ALLUSERS=1 arguments to the install command.

Webex doco states
QuoteENABLEOUTLOOKINTEGRATION

When installing Webex App, if you have administration access privileges, you can specify that Webex App will register with Microsoft Outlook for presence integration with Windows using the ENABLEOUTLOOKINTEGRATION=1 property. If you don't specify the property option, the default value is set as false.

Specify that Webex App will register with Microsoft Outlook for presence integration on Windows.

For example: msiexec /i c:\work\Webex.msi ENABLEOUTLOOKINTEGRATION=1 ALLUSERS=1.

Users can select or deselect the checkbox in Settings themselves.

I have right-clicked the Webex Install package inside Patch My PC and selected 'Modify Command Line'

I have added ENABLEOUTLOOKINTEGRATION=1 ALLUSERS=1

If I check in Intune I only see 'Install command 'PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.exe /InstallPackage'
If I Check show package info, the install command is 'AUTOOC=0 ALLUSERS=1 ACCEPT_EULA=TRUE REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qn'

Any Advice would be much appreciated

regards
Pete

Hey Pete,

It is expected you will not see the new command line parameters in the Intune console next to 'Install Command:' - any parameters you add via right click option 'Modify command line' actually writes the new switches to a file called Package.xml. This content is included within the .intunewin when we upload to Intune and it's ingested by PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.exe so it knows what parameters to pass to the installer.

Therefore I recommend right clicking on the product in Patch My PC, choose 'Republish during next scheduled sync cycle' and sync the Publisher: this will delete and recreate the package in Intune with new content (containing your new switches). Unfortunately Intune does not let you browse around inside the .intunewin file once it is uploaded (however it's not impossible, see this community article).

Note: any switches you specified in the 'Modify command line' text field are appended to what you see in 'Show package info'