• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Publish Third-Party Update Content Fails - SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT_UPDATECONTENT_NO_METADATA

Started by Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC), April 23, 2019, 04:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Publishing Fails - SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT_UPDATECONTENT_NO_METADATA

In this knowledge base article, we will review an error you may receive when attempting to right-click a third-party software update and choosing Publish Third-Party Software Update Content.

In the SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT.log, you will see the following error lines in the log file.

STATMSG: (SRVMSG_SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT_UPDATECONTENT_NO_METADATA).
STATMSG: (SRVMSG_SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT_UPDATECONTENT_FAIL).

Video Guide for SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT_UPDATECONTENT_NO_METADATA Error

Please review the step-by-step video guide below for information about why the SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT_UPDATECONTENT_NO_METADATA error occurs while publishing third-party software update content and the resolution.

This scenario is also documented on the Microsoft Docs - Third-Party Software Updates Known Issues page.
  • The third-party software update synchronization service can't publish content to metadata-only updates that were added to WSUS by another application, tool, or script, such as SCUP. The Publish third-party software update content action fails on these updates. If you need to deploy third-party updates that this feature doesn't yet support, use your existing process in full for deploying those updates.