• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

You are right in everything you just said :) Glad that everything is ok now :)
Glad that this worked for you! :) We are making improvements with the next big release of Patch My PC so this doesn't happen again.
Quote from: aam on January 28, 2024, 04:03:00 AMHi there.

Why does your app reports that XnviewMP needs to be updated but what is ticked in the app list is Xnview?

Is this a bug?

Please see the attached.
Despite their relationship, XnViewMP and XnView are two distinct software applications. The same business creates both of them, however XnViewMP is a more feature-rich and sophisticated version than XnView. It is possible that updates for the two software versions will be recognized independently by the update detection system.
Hi Raunak,

We are using PMPC via SCCM.
Yes we are still experiencing the same challenge.

Regards
Simon
PROBLEMS SOLVED as discussed in the other thread. All except Teamviewer had multiple versions installed and Teamviewer had a rogue registry entry left over from the uninstallation of an older version.
Thanks for the reply and for the pointer.  Some of the problem items did have more than one version installed. I always assumed that when you installed a more up-to-date version of software it would either overwrite the older version or uninstall the older version first before installing the newer one. Apparently not for some software.

The only exception to this was Teamviewer. There was only one version installed, i.e. the latest one.  The PMPC was picking up on a rogue registry entry that was left-over from a previous uninstall. Once I got rid of the rogue registry entry there's no more false flag.

Thanks again for your help.
Quote from: Omar (Patch My PC) on March 16, 2024, 01:34:09 PMHi there!
Thank you for reporting this, it will be updated soon, we are currently testing it.
Careful.... this is still Beta

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/273-malwarebytes-5-for-windows/
Hey there, sorry for the confusion!
This issue means you have 2 or more versions installed for the same app! you need to manually uninstall the previous versions so they disappear from the right panel.
Hi there! 
Thank you for reporting this, it will be updated soon, we are currently testing it.