• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

Again this happened, but this time with IrfanView
Hey Ben,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, there isn't anything similar in the works for enterprise environments, this is mainly due to there being no central point to manage the apps and updates. Every device would require their own installation and then it relies on the end-user to keep the machine up to date, which for management and compliance purposes could prove difficult.

I hope this provides some clarity here, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Antony
Hi Team,

We use PMPC for our intune workloads and are very pleased with the platform.
One of the engineers has since been using the home edition for his household devices and wondered if there was anything similar offered (or in the works) for non-intune commercial workloads, such as servers and line of business devices as he believes this would work really well for us.

Cheers
Ben
Request New Features or Software (Free Home Updater) / PDFgear
Last post by Bilbrough - April 10, 2024, 02:12:08 PM
This completely free program is getting a lot of traction and I would like to see it as a choice on Patch My PC
Thanks, Andrew, that makes sense. And thanks for all the work you do for PMPC!
The updates are helpful for situations where you do not know where the software is currently installed. The updates have an applicability rule to determine if the software is installed before it runs the update. This helps simplify things, as you do not have to make a group for each specific update, as you can just deploy the update to "All Devices" or similar, and the updates will only install where they are needed.

We have a KB article describing the different use cases here: https://patchmypc.com/intune-apps-vs-intune-updates
I'm trying to determine when/why I would use an app deployment in addition to an update deployment.

For example, if I deploy Google Chrome to a group of computers in Intune and I have the attached settings enabled, will it not keep the app up to date in the same way deploying an app then deploying the "Update for App" win32 app in Intune would? If so, when/why should I use the "Update for Google Chrome" instead of just deploying the latest Google Chrome app and enabling the below settings?
Never mind, I found where I can apply it by using the right click options for "All Products" at the top of the list rather than clicking on an individual app. Thanks for your help!