• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Zoom Meetings - Command line question

Started by Mark_Thyme, June 24, 2021, 08:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark_Thyme

I'm testing Zoom updates and app creation before releasing it to production; Zoom takes a rather long command line to home it to the account and configure it which I entered in the modify command line option - however - when I use  the show package info , title, command line option it's not there.  Checking the AppEnforce log after a test only shows the PMP scriptrunner.exe /installPackage  .  These command line entries should show up under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\ZoomUMX\ but I would think that a modified command line would show up using the show package etc. option also.  Did I miss something ?

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

Hi Mark

Show package info right click option only shows you the static metadata for that update/package in our catalogue right now. It will not show you your customised command line options defined in the Modify command line text field.

Are you reporting that you're not seeing your custom arguments being used? PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log will show you the arguments passed to the installer.

Mark_Thyme

hi Adam ,
that was an amazingly fast response - PMP support is really outstanding.  No I'm not saying that there's an error or malfunction (well, me perhaps but that's another story) , it was my misunderstanding of the show package function - I expected to see my modifications there and didn't realize it was the static metadate not the potentially edited command line.   Thanks for pointing me to the correct log.

Mark_Thyme

quick comment to close this out:  my command line is there ,working exactly as expected  :)

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)