• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

%CurrentDir% resolution in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Continuous MUI application

Started by PS_Alex, May 11, 2023, 04:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PS_Alex

Hello!

Publishing Console version 2.1.14.0

We enabled the ConfigMgr App Adobe Acrobat Reader DC MUI in order for Patch My PC to automatically generate an application during sync. We needed to add an MST transform file to the base installer, we stumbled upon Add an MST Transform to the Adobe Acrobat Reader Base Install in Patch My PC's knowledge base.

Wanting a better organisation of our files (separate scripts and resource files), instead of adding the MST file as an additional file in the Add custom pre/post update installation scripts window, we added a whole folder --which contains the MST file. Then, we customized the command line as with additionnal arguments TRANSFORMS="%CurrentDir%\res\AcroRead2.mst" /QN.

What we observed, though, is that installation of Acrobat Reader ended with exit code 1624 -- the MST file was not found at expected location. Looking at the command line run by the ScriptRunner, we could see that the Transforms argument has been modified to contain double-times the path to the CcmCache folder!

See attached screenshots.

Question: is this behavior something specific to Adobe Acrobat Reader? In the command line modification, does %CurrentDir% always resolves to C:\Windows\CCMCache\xx\C:\Windows\CCMCache\xx ?

(We ended up adding the MST file directly instead of as an additional folder, exactly as described in the knowledge base. Now, the installation works.)

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hello, thanks for reporting this! This is totally a bug. I've logged it with the developers.

Cody Mathis (Patch My PC)

Can you please send us the zip file from the 'Collect Diagnostics' button on the general tab? Also, if you can get the PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log from a client that tries to run that install, that would be good too.

Send them to [email protected], please.

PS_Alex

I'd say so, feel free to send them over to support to help the developers further.

PS_Alex

No problem, I'll try to find a device we have not remediated yet -- or simply replicate in lab, and send the logs tomorrow!