• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Skype 7.35.101 installation error - missing msvcp140.dll

Started by ulcha, May 01, 2017, 02:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulcha

Hey!
Please fix your Skype 7.35.101 installation! You have archive, which includes install/uninstall *.vbs script and Skype installation *.msi from M$.
Unfortunately since 7.33.0.104 Skype requires "Microsoft Visual ðí++ 2015 Redistributable package".

You have a few options:
- replace Skype *.msi installer with *.exe (includes Microsoft Visual ðí++ 2015 Redistributable package)
- add Microsoft Visual ðí++ 2015 Redistributable package as dependency in SCUP tree and as dependency of Skype

See more:
http://blog.tanzilhuda.com/skype-cant-start-because-msvcp140-dll-is-missing-from-computer/
http://hop.02.lv/2Rf

See also attached installation log files, seems they are error free.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

ulcha

I see you have published Skype 7.36.101 update.
Is this a fixed release or has same install problems as release above?

Omar (Patch My PC)

It's fixed in v7.35.102 and v7.36.101 and all the upcoming releases :) We mentioned in the post and the newsletter that "Microsoft Visual ðí++ 2015 Redistributable" must be exists for Skype to receive update.
msvcp140.dll now must exists and >= 14.0.23026.0 (The first 2015 version).

ulcha

Sorry, I'm disappointed with this "fix" - description in newsletter, it's not what i pay for. :P Package and included script is same as before, nothing changed! Do you really think it's a fix???

Please, at least add Microsoft Visual ðí++ 2015 Redistributable package in your catalog tree so i don't need to create it manually. Or pack Skype together with VC++2015.

Omar (Patch My PC)

We added a rule in Installable & Installed rules of Skype to detect the file of "Microsoft Visual ðí++ 2015 Redistributable" (msvcp140.dll) and it must be >= 14.0.23026.0 in order to receive updates! This should fix the issue entirety.

mikahawkins

Can't we just download msvcp140.dll individually and use it.