• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Usability: Please offer a buttone to expand all Package-Categories by 1 Click

Started by Jehoschua, July 27, 2022, 03:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jehoschua

Good evening

The Package-Categories are great if one knows where to find a package :-):

But it's very annoying to have to click almost 20 times to open all categories to get an overview.

Could you please offer a button to expand/collapse all Package-Categories by 1 click?

Thanks a lot, kind regards,
Thomas

Omar (Patch My PC)

There is an "expand/collapse all" button when you click the 3 lines in front of any of the category :)

Jehoschua

Thank you for your answer!,

unfortunately, PatchMyPC serves here an excellent example of how usability should not be done :-(

As a note: In our IT, I'm responsible for our approximately 500 employees and I am using PatchMyPC Home Edition to evaluate whether the product would be interesting for us. The features are quite good, but the usability is unfortunately poor, so I will not recommend the product at this time.
I'm pretty sure that the PatchMyPC Home Edition does serve as a test for other users to use at the company, but unfortunately, it gives the impression of a somewhat lovelessly programmed / not yet mature product.

Of course, there are good news: I think there's very little missing: cleaning up the user interface / improving usability and it would be a great product.

To my question to expand / collapse the groups:
Why not just make the search box a bit narrower and place a button next to it with a context menu for the complete Package list?
Of course, it should not just have a long list of unrelated menu item, but in the context of the Package list useful functions?

+----------------+ +-----+
| Search box     | | ... |
+------------------------+
| Package list           |

And the functions in the context menu:
• [x] Only display installed packages
• Expand all groups
• Collapse all groups

Thomas

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hey Thomas,

Thanks for the feedback! We will keep your suggestions in mind for a future update.

Quote from: Jehoschua on July 29, 2022, 05:48:46 AM
Thank you for your answer!,

unfortunately, PatchMyPC serves here an excellent example of how usability should not be done :-(

As a note: In our IT, I'm responsible for our approximately 500 employees and I am using PatchMyPC Home Edition to evaluate whether the product would be interesting for us. The features are quite good, but the usability is unfortunately poor, so I will not recommend the product at this time.
I'm pretty sure that the PatchMyPC Home Edition does serve as a test for other users to use at the company, but unfortunately, it gives the impression of a somewhat lovelessly programmed / not yet mature product.

Of course, there are good news: I think there's very little missing: cleaning up the user interface / improving usability and it would be a great product.

To my question to expand / collapse the groups:
Why not just make the search box a bit narrower and place a button next to it with a context menu for the complete Package list?
Of course, it should not just have a long list of unrelated menu item, but in the context of the Package list useful functions?

| Search box     | | ... |
+------------------------+
| Package list           |

And the functions in the context menu:
• [x] Only display installed packages
• Expand all groups
• Collapse all groups

Thomas