• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Fortigate VPN update

Started by Cliffb, July 07, 2022, 10:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliffb

Hi all

got the forti VPN update working, the only issue is it strips out the connection settings, is there a way to retain these connection settings, as a manual update they seem to stay, I dont fancy having to put the settings back on close to 1000 machines

thanks

Antony (Patch My PC)

Hi!

Is there any additional command line arguments you use when manually installing which helps retain the settings?

I know the config files are usually stored in this location - C:\Program Files (x86)\Fortinet\FortiClient>. Can you check to see if this file is still present?

Thanks,
Antony

Cliffb

the settings get removed from the registry, we install the VPN and then add the vpn settings via a reg file in the build process on sccm

Antony (Patch My PC)

Hi Cliff,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please raise a case to [email protected] and provide the relevant logs from the following link then we can take a look at what might be happening here - https://patchmypc.com/collecting-log-files-for-patch-my-pc-support

Thanks,

Antony

Jimmywick

You  may have a current support contract for your device, Fortinet support is fairly responsive and can probably be fixed fairly quickly. As you point out, there may be a misconfiguration somewhere in your device's VPN setup.  We are also good at step-by-step instructions on the setup process if you get stuck or provide advice on system best practices. I have sent multiple copies of the customer composition in the past and asked  to review them to see if there are any changes.

Regards,
J Wick