• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Patchmypc rechecks unchecked common updates.

Started by warwagon, December 27, 2013, 03:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warwagon

While it looked like the previous problem I reported about common updates not being selected by default has been fixed it looks like the fix caused a new bug. This time if you uncheck a common update (example iTunes), when you click on preform update it automatically checks the unchecked common update and starts to download it.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

This would have been the same behavior in previous versions. If a common piece of software is outdated it would turn red when you click perform updates and after each software install (And the update would be installed). If you didn't want to apply the update choose the always skip in the options menu. I see where it would make sense if you uncheck it specially it wouldn't re-check the box. We have been releasing some updates to improve user experience and will probably release a fix for this soon.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Please update to 2.3.6.4 and let me know if this should not check a common item that was manually unchecked.

warwagon

Quote from: Justin on December 28, 2013, 12:06:00 PM
Please update to 2.3.6.4 and let me know if this should not check a common item that was manually unchecked.

Looks like it's working.