• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Toolbar install

Started by urtica, June 12, 2012, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urtica

The thing I like the most about this program is the "does it all in the background install".  Turns out that's something I just discovered I don't like also.  It updated Auslogics Disk Defrag.  And, by default, installed Ask Toolbar and changed my homepage.  But Ask has been spanked sufficiently it is no longer on my system or in my registry again.  Is there a "no toolbar or extras" setting or will it be configured in the future not to do this?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

This is the only program that installs a toolbar let me look if I can find a way to disable this on silent installs

urtica

Thanks.  Other than this issue, it is definitely a great program!

PMPC2013

Quote from: urtica on June 12, 2012, 11:49:17 AM
The thing I like the most about this program is the "does it all in the background install".  Turns out that's something I just discovered I don't like also.  It updated Auslogics Disk Defrag.  And, by default, installed Ask Toolbar and changed my homepage.  But Ask has been spanked sufficiently it is no longer on my system or in my registry again.  Is there a "no toolbar or extras" setting or will it be configured in the future not to do this?

I too echo this about the program, and have Auslogics DF and Reg Cleaner. Has this been resolved? I cannot see it in the latest version 2.3.0.4.
Also, is it possible to have the option to not install toolbars, or any default settings, e.g. in Firefox, I use custom install to untick this option as I use other browsers as well, so do not wish to make Firefox default if I did not select custom install this would happen. Otherwise, this is good for high priority windows updates. If my query is resolved, it would great for using PMPC.