• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Why are common updates unchecked by default?

Started by warwagon, December 23, 2013, 03:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warwagon

Why are common updates unchecked by default? I hope this is a bug. As I usually tell customers to open up patchmypc and click the update button, not having to worry about checking the things in red on the left.

Today I was talking to a guy over the phone who called me regarding patchmypc on his desktop. As I was walking him through it it said "Install 2 updates" yet he had way more than 2 in the list (This was over the phone). I told him this doesn't make any since. So I had to log in and I said "That's weird, why aren't those checked!?" ...

So can you please make it so common updates are checked by default again?

Thanks.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

The common updates where never applied by default. Only if we detected an outdated version would they be applied.

warwagon

Attached is what the issue is.

In previous versions if it detected an application but if it was up to date it would be listed as green on the right and green on the left. But now some things show up as red on the right and red on the left but unchecked. So on the right its saying skype needs to be updated, I would have to check it on the left.

But I did check my skype version and I do have the version 6.11.102 listed on the right, so is it not correctly detecting the versions? Or do we need a new color?

Skype is listing it as 6.11.0.102 and you are looking for 6.11.102, maybe the issue?

This is an issue with the way we are detecting Skype will look into this asap

warwagon

Below is a photo I took of a customers machine I was working on which explains the issue perfectly. As you can see on the right there are 7 things in red, yet at the bottom it says update only 3. If we look on the left, all of the things in red except Adobe reader are unchecked. In all previous versions anything in red on the right would have also been automatically checked on the left.

Will check this out. Looks like there may be an issue with the auto selection of outdated software for the common items.

We just released an update. Please check if that fixes this issue with the outdated software not being selected by default.

warwagon