• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

PatchMyPC Publisher

Started by HeatonJL, April 01, 2022, 01:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeatonJL

I'm preparing to upgrade the OS on my MECM server.  We also have SCUP installed.  Does PatchMyPC Publisher take the place of SCUP?

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hello,

Yes, if you have the Patch My PC Publisher installed, it performs the same functions (and more) as SCUP.

HeatonJL

Perfect, thank you.

We recently renewed our subscription, and the confirmation from PatchMyPC says our subscription level is Basic.  However, I don't see that anywhere on the website.  Do you know what that subscription level equates to?

The Basic subscription can only be used with SCUP. Access to the Patch My PC Publisher is included with our Enterprise license or above (Excluding Intune Only).

HeatonJL

That's disappointing.  I'll have to speak with my desktop folks.  Since I can't find a download for SCUP anymore, I think going to at least Enterprise makes sense.

Thanks for your help :)

HeatonJL

Ok, now that's being "too" helpful...

I'm still going to speak with them, and attempt to convince them to upgrade PatchMyPC, so we're using a product that is actually supported.

Thanks again

Works for me! The Publisher adds a ton of features as well, so you will definitely benefit from that!