• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Intune App vs Updates

Started by zapulver, September 28, 2021, 06:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapulver

Good morning,

If this is covered in another post, you can redirect me there. 

I was under the impression that if I pushed an "Intune App" assignment to a group, for example 8x8 7.10, that group would remain on that same version if I did NOT also add them as required to the 8x8 "Intune Updates" group.  I have no computer in the Intune Updates group for that application, however all computers in the Intune Apps group were updated to 7.11 this morning.  I'm guessing the issue lies in the Options of my Intune Apps group (picture attached). 

If that's the case, is the Intune Updates group redundant, then?  Is there a way to

Thank you in advance for any assistance in this.   

zapulver

I see that I can also click on the program in Intune Apps and disable the self updater, which I can do moving forward. 

Is there a way that I can get PmPC to repopulate the older versions so that I can get 7.10 back into the console?

Thank you.

Jake Shackelford (Patch My PC)

You got on the right track with the option to disable the self updater.

Sadly we can't publish older apps as our catalog only has the latest revisions of the applications.

zapulver

Thank you.  It was still published on Intune itself so I reverted the changes there. 

I believe it was a misunderstanding on my part.  If I have the app set to optional, they download it and are not part of the update group, it will not update on its own.  However, if the app is set to required, it will update next time the app itself is updated.

Thank you for your help.