• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Third-Party Patching compliance marked as "non-compliant"

Started by louish, April 19, 2021, 05:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

louish

Hi all, I had to rebuild our SCCM/WSUS implementation this weekend and decided at the time to part ways with the original SUSDB. I marked all subscribed applications in the PatchMyPCConsole to be republished on the next sync and let it run it's course. Things seem to be working fine however, exclusively to 3rd party updates pretty much all reporting is marking as "non-compliant" with most machines reporting "not installed" for only about 5 out of the 11. The other applications marking as installed.  We have a new MS Update deployment as well that is running and reporting back more comforting and believable data so I know our WSUS is working.

Looking at the Updateshandler.log, CAS.log, and the accompanied PatchMyPC logs that are created for each application that is upgraded I  was not seeing the content's GUIDS being downloaded in the CAS/UpdatesHandler.log and furthermore I am not seeing a log file for any of the applications that are listed as "non-compliant"

Wsyncmgr.log and the patchmypc.log located on the primary site server don't appear to show any issues. Looking at the content of the applications in the SUG that are not installing shows that they are downloaded and deployed. I've looked at everywhere I could think albeit my mind is a bit frazzled from the weekend. Please let me know if you need any logs or if you have any suggestions. I have seen 2 other posts regarding this but neither seemed fully applicable to my situation.

Cheers!

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Quote from: louish on April 19, 2021, 05:32:42 PM
exclusively to 3rd party updates pretty much all reporting is marking as "non-compliant" with most machines reporting "not installed" for only about 5 out of the 11.

Is this an individual update(s) showing not compliant or an entire software update group? Can you review the applicability on an update against a https://patchmypc.com/how-to-view-applicability-rules-and-troubleshoot-detection-states-for-third-party-updates